Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By scorpiodsu
  • 1 Post By skiner5246
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Whos switching?

After googles big announcement yesterday about the Google edition s4, did it make you rethink your decision? My first thought was this was my dream phone in front of my eyes but after I had time to think about it, I thought the whole reason for buying a s4 is so that you can have all its features (gimmicks to some). So I won't be getting the Google edition s4, what about you? And why our why not?

Posted from my amazing white Galaxy S4

Default Re: Whos switching?

What's the difference between that and the normal one?

Quote Originally Posted by maryjane2300 View Post
    After googles big announcement yesterday about the Google edition s4, did it make you rethink your decision? My first thought was this was my dream phone in front of my eyes but after I had time to think about it, I thought the whole reason for buying a s4 is so that you can have all its features (gimmicks to some). So I won't be getting the Google edition s4, what about you? And why our why not?

Yeah at first I felt like you as well with thinking I should switch. I'm typically a Nexus person so this was perfect. But then I thought about it some more and just came to the conclusion that this bootloader will be unlocked soon so I'll be able to flash anything I want at that point so it's no need in going through hoops and losing money to switch out phones when I can essentially have the same thing.

I will say that this announcement made we want to keep the S4 though. I wasn't sure but now that there's going to be a version with stock Android, this ensures that we can get more reliable custom ROMs from devs since the framework will be there and porting over stock ROMs should be much more easier than it was previously. So at the end of the day, I don't think it's a real reason to get it for myself since I'm a tweaker but it's a big win for the other tweakers and development community as a whole.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

Nope. I'm perfectly happy with my phone.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by llyamah View Post
    It's been all over this site. READ!

I've pondered it since it was brought up in a similiar post. But after thinking about it, no. I just traded in my 16GB for a 32GB S4. (should recieve today actually) By the time this phone is avaliable on google play on June 26th. I'll have my phone "pimped-out" to my liking allready. But I do agree, it's a VERY big deal for everyone in the development community and I am glad they (Google/Samsung) did this.
    maryjane2300 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by llyamah View Post
    Basically you get faster updates directly from Google. It will be a Nexus phone experience but with a S4.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

I think I will pass as I rather enjoy all the gimmick features on my phone. I could see myself trying it out if I were able to flash it on to my 32GB S4, but I would not buy the google S4 phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Basically you get faster updates directly from Google. It will be a Nexus phone experience but with a S4.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Sounds perfect to me. I can wait but will it work on VZW? Can I pay full price and keep unlimited data?
    Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Yeah. For 650 bucks I'll keep my s4 as is. Custom roms are awesome!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥

Posted via Android Central App