asking for easy launcher or touch wiz

raymondtrudeau

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I whenever I hit the home button I now asked to choose east launcher or touch wiz then it asks just once or always. Is this a hug in the system?? It never asked that before.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I would guess this started when you installed easy launcher, right? With two launchers installed, the OS needs to know which one you want to use. You can chose one and tap "Always", and it should stop asking you.

BarackOdrama

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
That's what happens when you install launchers.

As said above, just choose the one you prefer and select always and you won't see it again.

courtb2012

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem and I don't recall installing or activating easy launcher. I've chosen touch wiz, selected always, and it's still doing this when I turn off the phone or reset. I get a message telling me to clear default but I'm completely confused and annoyed.in that order. Can I get some help plz???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem and I don't recall installing or activating easy launcher. I've chosen touch wiz, selected always, and it's still doing this when I turn off the phone or reset. I get a message telling me to clear default but I'm completely confused and annoyed.in that order. Can I get some help plz???

well, the easy launcher is built into the Samsung galaxy S4, it is not that you installed/activated it.....

now, the problem may be due to one thing... either you are clearing data/cache for the touchwiz launcher, which would also disable the "default" state, OR you have an app that's doing that for you... if you have an app that clears data/cache to free up space, try to set it to ignore Touchwiz, and do not clear nor clean this app's data...

hope this helps, good luck!

darrenc777

May 20, 2013
Visit site
This is also happening to me! Every time that I turn the phone on it always asks me to chose the easy launcher or the touchwiz. Every time I have selected touchwiz and then selected EVERY TIME. But it wont remember my preferences. I already tried a factory data reset, but that changed nothing.

Please help.

courtb2012

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I guess I was "disable happy" and disabled an app that was needed. The fellow at at&t just told me not to open any app you don't plan on using. Thanks for your help!!!

Tom H

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Can we not go back to choosing either chrome or Internet.
As choosing one and always doesnt help with the problem.
sort it out samsung please.