asking for easy launcher or touch wiz

raymondtrudeau

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I whenever I hit the home button I now asked to choose east launcher or touch wiz then it asks just once or always. Is this a hug in the system?? It never asked that before.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I whenever I hit the home button I now asked to choose east launcher or touch wiz then it asks just once or always. Is this a hug in the system?? It never asked that before.

It should have happened when you loaded the new launcher. It is not a bug, and no different if you had Chrome, Dolphin and your stock browsers. It is just prompting you for instructions. You can hit Always, and there most likely is a setting in the launcher to revert back to TouchWiz.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It IS a bug in some launchers! I'm not sure if this is the case, but some launchers will not register the 'Always' action and will constantly ask you which program to open.

But yeah, this menu pops up when the system detects more than one app to handle each action (in your case, the Home button calling on the Launcher). Unless you select the 'Always' option, this pops up every time to let you select which program to use. You can always clear the default should you need to by going into Settings, App Manager, and going into the default app you no longer want to keep as default.

ZapZapperZap

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I have had my S4 since UK launch and every time I restart my phone it asks me to choose between TouchWiz and Easy, I always select 'Always' but this choice is lost and I keep getting asked to make this choice. This is really annoying and hope someone knows a fix. My network is EE.

Thanks

zalltzman1

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the s4 from South Africa. I have the exact same problem. No matter if I choose always it still asks me after every reboot.

Please help.

Nadineann

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the s4 and im in the US and having the same problem! I have had it since the launch and it just started asking me this week.

Carlos Saraiva

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I have this reboot issue in Brazil too, but i call to samsung support and they told me that this is normal, the phone will ask many times to learn. Sometime in someplace, it will learn, but samsung doens't know when this will happens (probably when the warranty runs out). I don't believe that this SMARTphone will be so dumb.

viperce

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
if you go to settings, my device, then home screen mode select easy mode then click apply
go back into settings, my device, home screen mode and change it back to standard mode it stops prompting you to choose when u press the home button.

Vernon Kronenberg

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, this worked; I was stuck in the "old person" mode with very - but very large - iconson just 3 screens & didn't know how to get back to normal. Thanks again

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Next time you get the option to choose select and tap on 'Always'. If you choose to click on a new launcher again it will keep coming and ask you to choose the one.

Sent from my GSIII

Steve Swift

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Every time I tap on 'Always' I get a prompt that tells me to go into Application Manager > All > Reset Preferences ? or something like that.

So far, I've always failed to find "All", so I'm lost. I think it was while I was trying to comply with the popup that I screwed up the HomePage button. Thank to the suggestions above, that's now back to normal. Fortunately, I've had the phone for such a short time that a factory reset would not upset me unduly.
I've now had the phone for 5 weeks, and this was the first time I thought of throwing it away. This is my personal best so far.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Every time I tap on 'Always' I get a prompt that tells me to go into Application Manager > All > Reset Preferences ? or something like that.

So far, I've always failed to find "All", so I'm lost. I think it was while I was trying to comply with the popup that I screwed up the HomePage button. Thank to the suggestions above, that's now back to normal. Fortunately, I've had the phone for such a short time that a factory reset would not upset me unduly.
I've now had the phone for 5 weeks, and this was the first time I thought of throwing it away. This is my personal best so far.

System Settings->more->application manager, there you have downloaded , on SD Card, running, and ALL

Posted via Android Central App

Steve Swift

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
How are you using 1 Tap Cleaner to undo the "Every"? I use one tap and can't find that setting?
You may need to update; the Default Cleaner was recently added - I'm on Version 2.25 (0723)
In this version, the icon is labelled "Default Cleaner" which I find confusing. But this is the one.
It gives you a list of apps which have become the default handler for something or other.

In my case, it shows Google Maps handling http://maps.google.com/maps URL's (amongst others)

Steve Swift

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
You sir, deserve a medal! This has been bugging me for days!!
I've already got the medal - The UK Royal Life Saving Society bronze and silver medals, from the year 1961. That was for stuff like dragging people out of the water though. :)

Late breaking news... I contacted the author and suggested renaming the icon to "Defaults Cleaner" and my suggestion was accepted.

sunjammr

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem finding the "all" column...until I realized that you need to scroll the columns horizontally. "All" is the last column to the right...normally not visible..but it's there. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles