what is the eye icon on the taskbar?

downtune

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I love this reply! I actually have thought (not seriously) the same thing. I only have screen rotation turned on and nothing else that would cause the icon to appear and disappear. It just happens ever so often on notice it and it'll be very light gray and blink and then it goes away. In my case, there's absolutely no reason for this icon to pop up and disappear or be there whatsoever seeing as how I have no features turned on that the icon goes with. But that's funny! You never know, big brother could very well be watching

Modern phone tapping from the NSA?ILLUMINATI? Funny how it's the all seeing eye, no?

That's funny because I thought the same thing but not to a serious extent. I have screen rotation enabled but that is all. There is no reason for the eye icon to be there whatsoever. When it does show up it is very light gray and blinks and then goes away very quickly. But once again, I have nothing enabled for that I can't be showing up at all. You never know, Big Brother may be watching us!

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

PyroIsASpicyMeme

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
It is smart stay if your looking at your screen your phone won't turn the screen off. Go into settings click 'MY DEVICE" then scroll all the way down to the bottom and click on "Smart Screen" there you can turn it off

IT_Architect

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Modern phone tapping from the NSA?ILLUMINATI? Funny how it's the all seeing eye, no?
I'd figure on that's what it is all about because ANY phone with a camera already has an orientation sensor so accurate that it can be used as a level with a level app. You phone reorients itself from portrait to landscape without it. As far as the phone remaining on, we don't need it for any other app. Perhaps they would be willing to contract that your picture never leaves your phone with a penalty to the tune of five million dollars, and proof that they have expunged it everywhere it exists, if they do. Figure on it being a real photo of you and that it will be used against you. Put a little dot of white-out over the self camera and everything will still work fine.