Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By clintw22
  • 1 Post By Each3
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    JLopez149's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

    Default Battery percentages

    Not sure why my Google services is so high. I use my phone a lot for internet, email, and phone calls. I thought after a week or so of using the phone my screen usage would be much higher since I have it set at 80% and auto off. I usually have WiFi, GPS, and sync turned off unless I'm using it. Any input would be appreciated.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery percentages-uploadfromtaptalk1368745549872.jpg  
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Battery percentages

    How much screen on time do you typically get?

    And do you use Google Now? If so, turn that off.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    JLopez149's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery percentages

    I don't use Google now I haven't seen anywhere to disable it but I always check my active apps and its not in there. I usually get around 5-6 hrs of screen time a day.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Battery percentages

    Quote Originally Posted by JLopez149 View Post
    I don't use Google now I haven't seen anywhere to disable it but I always check my active apps and its not in there. I usually get around 5-6 hrs of screen time a day.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    If you haven't turned Google now on then its not on. Its not something that can come on by itself. Long press the menu key to bring it up.

    Also 5-6 on screen time is great. My phone doesn't show any Google services at all in my power usage so I'd be curious of what that is. I have my Google apps to sync whenever they need to so not sure. Maybe it is Google now. Hmmmmm.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Battery percentages

    Wow 5 to 6 hours of screen time?

    With my old Galaxy Nexus I would be lucky to hit 2-3 hours of screen time and that was with LTE off and no synching

    Hopefully I have better luck now that I have the Galaxy S4
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Battery percentages

    For the first week or two mine never showed Google services in the battery used section but it has been the past few days. Idk why but it's strange.

    Sent from my SCH-R970 using Android Central Forums
    DioramaMaker likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Battery percentages

    Quote Originally Posted by clintw22 View Post
    For the first week or two mine never showed Google services in the battery used section but it has been the past few days. Idk why but it's strange.

    Sent from my SCH-R970 using Android Central Forums
    Would you have happen to activate Google Now by any chance?

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  
    jaxterzz's Avatar

    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery percentages

    Quote Originally Posted by Each3 View Post
    Would you have happen to activate Google Now by any chance?

    Posted via Android Central App
    I just activated Google Now tonight for the first time and the "Maps" battery started showing up for the first time. I hope this doesn't kill my battery because Google Now seems really cool. Is there an easy way to deactivate Google Now if you don't want to use it anymore? Do you just go to the settings > Google Now (All Cards) > Off?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Battery percentages

    Mine fluctuates. The first few cycles it didn't show up at all. Spiked a bit. Went down. Right now it looks like yours. I just updated a lot of apps when I hit wi-fi so perhaps that has something to do with it. I have had Google Now on since the start.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Battery percentages

    Quote Originally Posted by jaxterzz View Post
    I just activated Google Now tonight for the first time and the "Maps" battery started showing up for the first time. I hope this doesn't kill my battery because Google Now seems really cool. Is there an easy way to deactivate Google Now if you don't want to use it anymore? Do you just go to the settings > Google Now (All Cards) > Off?
    Yeah that is pretty much how you deactivate it. I was just wondering since I know Google Now loves to use your location.

    It's such a great idea I just wish battery technology would be able to catch up with all these great ideas but sadly not any time soon

    Posted via Android Central App
    msndrstood likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Battery percentages



    Not sure what is considered Google services but I have Google Now, auto sync, and quite a few Google apps running in the background and it still only accounts for 11% of my battery. My screen is still what eats it the most but I still get a solid 15-20 hrs of life from my phone. I'm usually constantly turning my phone on randomly every 15 minutes (because I just love staring at the screen) and maybe play games 5 minutes at a time when I'm bored.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Battery percentages

    Maps and Google services do (and have on mine) eat batteries for lunch but it's mostly due to Google now.

Similar Threads

  1. Battery Percentage instead of battery icon?
    By elder_shawn in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 03:20 AM
  2. Adding battery percentage to battery icon?
    By cltatenza in forum T-Mobile G2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 02:20 AM
  3. Exact battery percentage on the EVO
    By mitch2k12 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 11:30 PM
  4. Battery Percentage
    By dman26 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 11:44 AM
  5. App For Battery Percentage to replace in notification bar?
    By surfacinglove in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 10:46 AM

Posting Permissions