setting grayed out for fave apps on Lock Screen

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi...no doubt missing something.

But I used to have my old phone set so that I could go right to a favorite app from a lock screen icon.

With the new S4, I see that setting in "Lock Screen Widgets"---but it is grayed out.

Is there any way to enable it?

TIA

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That option will only be available when you have a non-secure lockscreen and the "Multiple Widgets on Lockscreen" option is active. Also, you can add a bottom row of apps to the main lockscreen page by enabling the shortcut option (different from the Favorite Apps widget).

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
If you have any type of security for your lockscreen the setting will be grayed out.

I do have security....on my HTC, however, you could nonetheless see the icons you set specifically for lock screen and drag them to the circle to oopen the phone. THEN you'd get the request to enter the password. It just saved a step.

BuzzCP

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Just want to chime in here because I found this on a search and discovered a workaround for those who have a security pin or password. This is galaxy S3 android 4.1.1

Settings->Lock screen->Screen Lock
Change to "Swipe" no security (this will be temporary). It will go back to Lock Screen, and then Lock Screen options is available. You can change your lock screen apps.
After you have done this go back to
Settings->Lock screen->Screen lock
Put your security back in place (pin/passwd etc)

Buzz

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Just want to chime in here because I found this on a search and discovered a workaround for those who have a security pin or password. This is galaxy S3 android 4.1.1

Settings->Lock screen->Screen Lock
Change to "Swipe" no security (this will be temporary). It will go back to Lock Screen, and then Lock Screen options is available. You can change your lock screen apps.
After you have done this go back to
Settings->Lock screen->Screen lock
Put your security back in place (pin/passwd etc)

Buzz
Thanks for that idea, but it did not work.

First, as I had it set up with security, there were NO apps at all on the lock screen.

Then, changing it to swipe, and selecting the lock screen option, the setting under General Settings that says "Favorite Apps or Camera" is STILL grayed out. You can only select "clock or personal message" (I'd selected Clock). Then the clock widget has other options.

EDIT: after I posted the above, I saw this in another thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...screen-swipe-access-camera-favorite-apps.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech