S4 New user q's: GPS, BT and I need an app recommendation?

Noel Eiffe

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks...

I'm new here, and just moved my SIM from an iPhone 5 to an AT&T S4 32gb (after a brief fling with the HTC One, which I did not really care for). The transition is a bit challenging, but I have these seemingly real issues:

1. Every time I start Waze (which I use a lot as I have a long commute) I have to disable then re-enable GPS via the notification bar or else Waze can't find satellites. And once or twice in Google Maps too the phone seems stuck on older location reads. Is this likely to be a defect or a software issue? I tried to do some self help here, and forum searches turn up a variety of GPS not working issues, but it is working, just can't seem to transition. One thread suggested turning off network assisted location, but then Google Now stops working, right? I'd rather not have to do that if it costs in features?

2. Several times now I've had to hard boot (pull battery type boot) the phone when connected to BT speakers. It might be tied to lockscreen controls eg from Doggcatcher or one of the players...but screen goes totally blank, audio may or may not continue playing, but there's no response at all from the phone. Euch. Some searching shows such issues on older devices in various forum threads but not much reported on the S4 yet, but I was very hopeful that BT audio would improve with aptx and such on the platform. Disappointing.

3. I have a large music library and have been downloading and trying a variety of music players, but haven't found anything that has caused me to stop using my disconnected iPhone as an iPod. Any suggestions?

Thanks much if you have any thoughts that might help or app recommendations...

Scott

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
1 that could be a hardware problem. I use Waze with no issues.

3 Power Amp is excellent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Noel Eiffe

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks...

Ah, yes, Poweramp = very nice, thanks for the recommendation hadn't tried that yet.

On the GPS issue...sigh. Guess it's going to involve a trip back to the dealer....Sigh.

Thanks, Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty