Galaxy S4 Sim card

Matt Everest

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a question.
I have the Galaxy S2 SGH-S959G that is Straight Talk / Tracfone Branded that was released by Straight talk, but honestly i hate it because it is still using gingerbread and have no plans on updating it for that phone and I want to get a Unlocked S4 and port it over to straight talk.

Now my question is, can i use the sim card from the S2 in the S4? - Is it the same type of card?
And also will straight talk let you do that or do you have to buy a new card?

I plan on getting a S4 in the next week or so and need to know if I need to order a new sim card from them or if this one will work.

Thanks for the info guys :)

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
You can use the same straight talk service as long as you have an unlocked S4. But you will need to get a microSIM from straight talk or have yours cut. They sell cutters on ebay and I would not suggest trying to get a knife or razor blade and cutting it yourself, I've tried and failed many times.

So in short, just a microSIM from straight talk in an unlocked S4 and you would be good to go.

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
For your purposes the i9500 would be best. Comes factory unlocked, works worldwide.
You COULD buy an AT&T or T-Mobile version and pay to have it unlocked or unlock it yourself but the i9500 would be easiest.

lasooner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I travel to Europe and Asia regularly. I'm going to switch from Sprint to ATT and get an S4 (Quad band, GSM) so I can use it in my travels. I'll get unlocked in Asia. Does the ATT version of the phone use a standard SIM card or will I need to cut SIM cards I buy in Europe and Asia? I thought all SIM cards were the same size and would work as long as the phone is unlocked and GSM.

Last edited:

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
All Galaxy S3 models take a microSIM card.
When you travel you will need to either purchase a microSIM card or have a standard sized Sim card(miniSim) cut to micro size.

All sim cards will work in an unlocked phone, it just has to fit in the slot and make sure you are in the right service area. I.E. you can't use a t-mobile usa card in africa.

lasooner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
All Galaxy S3 models take a microSIM card.
When you travel you will need to either purchase a microSIM card or have a standard sized Sim card(miniSim) cut to micro size.

All sim cards will work in an unlocked phone, it just has to fit in the slot and make sure you are in the right service area. I.E. you can't use a t-mobile usa card in africa.

Looks like I'll have to buy a SIM cutter and take it with me when I travel. I'm assuming most overseas providers use the standard mini SIM card. Thanks bosshaug and to everybody else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress