Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gator352
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default overheating issues

I recently heard on a website that the Galaxy s4 was having issues with overheating. the article also said that it was cause battery life issues. I checked the date and it was 2 weeks ago. Is this still a problem because mine is overheating even with my case . Is Samsung trying to fix this? If so is something that they would just update or would you have to turn it in because its a hardware issue?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    13,900 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: overheating issues

Quote Originally Posted by stepaul8 View Post
    I recently heard on a website that the Galaxy s4 was having issues with overheating. the article also said that it was cause battery life issues. I checked the date and it was 2 weeks ago. Is this still a problem because mine is overheating even with my case . Is Samsung trying to fix this? If so is something that they would just update or would you have to turn it in because its a hardware issue?

I would suggest to report it to your carrier and Samsung. A software issue may not be able to fix it, and if you are not rooted, this will be covered under warranty.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

When I first got the S4, just using the web browser would make it heat up so hot in just a few minutes that I couldn't hold it. The fix was to change the radio from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only. Gsam app reports my phone at 100F with average use. But yeah, even with everything turned off my bat has a hard time lasting 12 hours. Sad when you have to turn off all features just to use the darn thing.
    dopestar likes this.

Since the S3 got hot and has the same fabrication as the S4, but the S4 has a lot faster cpu and gpu, plus pushing twice as many pixels, it makes sense it can get real hot.

Quote Originally Posted by rushmore View Post
    Since the S3 got hot and has the same fabrication as the S4, but the S4 has a lot faster cpu and gpu, plus pushing twice as many pixels, it makes sense it can get real hot.
    There's no reason for it to get that hot. Even through an otter box case, it got so hot it could cook Ann egg.

Have you tried resetting your phone to factory default? May be a rogue program is keeping the cpu busy in background.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by rushmore View Post
    My S3 doesn't get hot, unless I'm doing something real intensive like playing Homerun Battle 2 for more than a few minutes.

What are you guys doing when it's getting hot?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by onick View Post
    Have you tried resetting your phone to factory default? May be a rogue program is keeping the cpu busy in background.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums
    Oh yeah. 3 or 4 times.

Quote Originally Posted by jackdubl View Post
    My S3 doesn't get hot, unless I'm doing something real intensive like playing Homerun Battle 2 for more than a few minutes.

What are you guys doing when it's getting hot?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    My s3 never got hot either. But with s4, all I had to do was browse the web for 2 to 3 minutes. The only fix was to set network mode to CDMA only...but I shouldn't have to as 4G is in my area. I know it's going from 3g to 4g back to 3g and so on....but sitting in my living room there's no reason.

Regardless....I gave my S4 to my daughter and I got the all black "one".

If you play 3D games, use GPS, or are using data in weak signal areas, the S3 like all devices with similar hardware and footprint gets hot. Even before this, the Incredible, D2, D3, DX2, Razr, Rezound, S3 and S4 all get hot, depending on both use and ambient temperature.

People that operate the devices in warmer and more humid climates will notice even more. Until fabrication processes are reduced by another 30%, devices will get hot as they are now, due to basic electrical physics. They might get just as hot even then, since will be running faster than now.

Global Posts
    932 Global Posts

No probs here. Only time it even gets warm is from my own hands warming it up. I still have it naked, waiting on a case from amazon ffs.

Mine gets super hot within minutes of plugging in the charger. Drains the battery overnight if I leave it plugged in. Use to happen with my s3 all the time as well.

Im having the same issue... Just ordered my replacement hopefully it was the first round was a bad batch. *fingers cross*
    The homie Drake said it best.... YOLO!!!!