- 4 Posts
Data usage on the S4
Somehow i have gone over my data of 1gb in only 7 days. When i check the data usage it says that my Android OS used up 550mg of data. How do i switch my data off so it doesn't use it up? Do i only have to toggle off the mobile data? Or does the device still use data in the background with certain applications? Basically i just want data to be used when i am using the internet. I don't need any background operations going on. Please help.
Last edited by molock1989; 05-18-2013 at 09:24 AM.
- 05-18-2013, 10:12 AM #2'From one thing, you learn a thousand things.' - From the Earth Book in the Book of Five Rings
'Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today.' - James Dean
Current Devices: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
Community Guidelines: Here
And also: Here
- 05-18-2013, 10:28 AM #3
- 05-18-2013, 12:38 PM #4
- 05-18-2013, 02:34 PM #5
Re: Data usage on the S4
I was having the same issue. Try going to accounts, backup and reset, and uncheck "back up my data". Since I did that android os now has only taken up .9 mb over 3 days so far where before i was getting a few hundred megs of data usage. There needs to be more options for the data backup option in my opinion like set it to only do over wifi and on a time schedule. I don't recommend turning off auto sync because you will have issues not receiving emails and such.
- By scaryhumor in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 100Last Post: 01-21-2014, 09:42 AM
- By mcgowan398 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 111Last Post: 05-15-2013, 08:09 PM
- By mcgowan398 in forum Rumored Devices LoungeReplies: 48Last Post: 02-21-2013, 04:47 PM
- By xplode196 in forum LG Optimus SReplies: 3Last Post: 05-21-2012, 08:25 PM
- By hyperlite in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 2Last Post: 09-26-2010, 06:59 AM