Results 1 to 22 of 22
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Statusnone
  • 1 Post By DioramaMaker
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Question Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    Hello.
    I'm a owner of smartphones a couple of years ago and as for car holders I've been using Brodit brand. My last one was an iPhone and I brought the iPhone proclip that I love very much.
    Now I bought the S 4 and I considered buying something else because one reason only. When I go into the car, I have to take the phone out of the case or cover to put it on the holder (since it only fits the iPhone itself, naked).
    I need something more practical, something that holds the case or cover that I will buy, something more practical, for instance if I have a silicone case or a s-view Samsung or something similar I don't want to take it off all the time.
    So I want suggestions of holders that fit with that kind of cases or covers...
    Please share your advices and your products.

    Thanks a Lot.

    Deiota
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    Mountek. $25 shipped.

    I love it, perfect location since it's mounted in the CD tray. It's the most secured compared to windshield and vent mounts.

    SHIFT_tapatalk 2 hTc One
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    I use

    I originally bought it for my iPhone 5 but it's spring-loaded so it fits any smartphone. Very minimalistic and simple too use. It also rotates if you prefer to use your phone in landscape.
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  
    Statusnone's Avatar

    Posts
    333 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    1. Register your S4 on Samsung's official website.
    2. Wait for your 50% off all accessories under $50 coupon in your email
    3. Buy a great car mount that I've used now on 3 Galaxy devices (including Note 2 with a hefty case on it)
    4. ???
    5. Profit.


    Edit: it comes with an official Samsung car charger as well. I stick with official Samsung chargers because I purchased 2 from AT&T and had to have my S3 warranty replaced because of what it did to the micro USB port.
    jeffrey10000 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    Which car holder from samsung do You recomend?
  6. #6  
    Statusnone's Avatar

    Posts
    333 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea Coelho View Post
    Which car holder from samsung do You recomend?
    This is the one I have and love.

    Thanked by:
    fkpalm 
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Statusnone View Post
    1. Register your S4 on Samsung's official website.
    2. Wait for your 50% off all accessories under $50 coupon in your email
    3. Buy a great car mount that I've used now on 3 Galaxy devices (including Note 2 with a hefty case on it)
    4. ???
    5. Profit.

    I registered my s4 but didn't receive an email with confirmation yet... And a discount either...


    Edit: it comes with an official Samsung car charger as well. I stick with official Samsung chargers because I purchased 2 from AT&T and had to have my S3 warranty replaced because of what it did to the micro USB port.
  8. #8  
    Statusnone's Avatar

    Posts
    333 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    Hope I was able to ease the decision making.

    Edit: I didn't see your post since it was buried in my quote, but just be patient. With all my Samsung devices it varied how long it took them to send my email. Just nonetheless it's always come.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    Mountek. $25 shipped.

    I love it, perfect location since it's mounted in the CD tray. It's the most secured compared to windshield and vent mounts.

    SHIFT_tapatalk 2 hTc One
    I have highly considered this. Is there any odd pressure that could damage the CD slot by chance? I doubt it but I figured I'd ask.

    Quote Originally Posted by BarackOdrama View Post
    I use

    I originally bought it for my iPhone 5 but it's spring-loaded so it fits any smartphone. Very minimalistic and simple too use. It also rotates if you prefer to use your phone in landscape.
    I LOVE this. It is a fantastic merge of simplicity, appearance, and functionality. It isn't obtrusive and doesn't have obtrusive ugly "wall" arms. I would have already ordered this the second I read your post, but living in Texas, during the summer my A/C is on 24/7 max in the car. I like it very cold. Probably shouldn't be living here haha . Because of this, I'm worried about frigid that vent will make my phone, which I know is bad for it, and vice versa in the rare occasion I use heat. If this could be merged with the CD mount I'd have a winner right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Statusnone View Post
    1. Register your S4 on Samsung's official website.
    2. Wait for your 50% off all accessories under $50 coupon in your email
    3. Buy a great car mount that I've used now on 3 Galaxy devices (including Note 2 with a hefty case on it)
    4. ???
    5. Profit.

    Edit: it comes with an official Samsung car charger as well. I stick with official Samsung chargers because I purchased 2 from AT&T and had to have my S3 warranty replaced because of what it did to the micro USB port.
    Oooh this is nice. I may very well use this, thank you sir! My only problem is the heat here in Texas. I don't know how well that's gonna fair on the windshield, plus when driving how hot the phone can get through the window from the sun.

    Do elaborate on your warranty though, please. Right now I don't have a dedicated Galaxy car charger, I just use my old iPhone AT&T one that have the usb port on the back, and plug my normal charging cable in. It fills the gap because the girlfriend has an iPhone. Is this okay or do you think the voltage is too high? Thank you though!
  10. #10  
    Parafly's Avatar

    Posts
    209 Posts
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    I think its hard for a phone to be too cold

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Parafly View Post
    I think its hard for a phone to be too cold

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Maybe the phone itself but it isn't good for the battery.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    I agree about the Samsung mount for Galaxy devices. I have it and it will hold a Note II with a case. It will hold your S4 with any case. Plus it comes with a charger with about a 6 foot straight cord. Not the typical spiral cord that you have to stretch. If your worried about heat mount on the driver's side window and turn your side vent to blow on it.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  13. #13  
    Statusnone's Avatar

    Posts
    333 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    Quote Originally Posted by DioramaMaker View Post
    elaborate on your warranty though, please. Right now I don't have a dedicated Galaxy car charger, I just use my old iPhone AT&T one that have the usb port on the back, and plug my normal charging cable in. It fills the gap because the girlfriend has an iPhone. Is this okay or do you think the voltage is too high? Thank you though!
    I don't worry about the voltage so much. The fact was that the charger from AT&T wasn't fit for the phones micro usb port. It was slightly (and I mean slightly) loose, but over time of unplugging and plugging it back in and tugging on it from taking phone calls with it on eventually messed up the connection inside the micro usb and the phones wouldn't take a charge period.

    After having my Note 2, and now my S4, I've only used official Samsung chargers and have yet to have an issue.

    Edit: I think you should be fine, btw, as long as you make sure to be careful when plugging in and unplugging the phone. Nothing I'm saying is 100% fact either, I'm just speaking from personal experience.



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
    Thanked by:
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Statusnone View Post
    I don't worry about the voltage so much. The fact was that the charger from AT&T wasn't fit for the phones micro usb port. It was slightly (and I mean slightly) loose, but over time of unplugging and plugging it back in and tugging on it from taking phone calls with it on eventually messed up the connection inside the micro usb and the phones wouldn't take a charge period.

    After having my Note 2, and now my S4, I've only used official Samsung chargers and have yet to have an issue.

    Edit: I think you should be fine, btw, as long as you make sure to be careful when plugging in and unplugging the phone. Nothing I'm saying is 100% fact either, I'm just speaking from personal experience.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
    Ugh that sounds like a mess I really don't want to deal with..Though now that you say it the OEM Sammy wall/USB charger isn't exactly super snug either for me... It's funny though how hard the AT&T rep tried to push me to buy a charger for the car that day too. I had no intent to because of the car one I had but I'm glad I didn't cave now. I think for good measure I'll probably end up buying a Samsung car charger regardless of the mount I choose. In the occasion the lady friend is in the car I can use my old charger, no biggie.
    Statusnone likes this.
  15. #15  
    Statusnone's Avatar

    Posts
    333 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    Quote Originally Posted by DioramaMaker View Post
    Ugh that sounds like a mess I really don't want to deal with..Though now that you say it the OEM Sammy wall/USB charger isn't exactly super snug either for me... It's funny though how hard the AT&T rep tried to push me to buy a charger for the car that day too. I had no intent to because of the car one I had but I'm glad I didn't cave now. I think for good measure I'll probably end up buying a Samsung car charger regardless of the mount I choose. In the occasion the lady friend is in the car I can use my old charger, no biggie.
    Judging from previous encounters with you, I think it's safe to say you're smart enough to figure out on your own if you think your charging port is headed down that road. On my end, my Samsung chargers are super snug compared to that garbage that AT&T is selling.

    I'm off to bed my friend, I think in the end picking up an OEM charger won't hurt anything.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Statusnone View Post
    Judging from previous encounters with you, I think it's safe to say you're smart enough to figure out on your own if you think your charging port is headed down that road. On my end, my Samsung chargers are super snug compared to that garbage that AT&T is selling.

    I'm off to bed my friend, I think in the end picking up an OEM charger won't hurt anything.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
    Haha, well thank you my friend. I mean, it's not oddly loose. It's about as the same as any micro USB I've used before.
    Good night sir, I believe I will be making that purchase soon.
  17. #17  
    Fanline's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    Guys, you're missing many other funny mounting gadgets, like mounting your cellphone on the car headrest or your wrist, allows you take your cellphone anywhere, I bought one on , it's like a bike mount, but actually can use in car or jogging,wherever.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    iBolt combined with a ProClip mounting solution and a Garmen mounting plate.This will allow you to use the superior ProClip solution along with a holder that adjust to most cases and allows your phone to be charged and audio out at the same time. Depending on where you mount it, you will also be able to record your face for video chat or the road if you like.

    Link to iBolt although they sell it here at Android Shop as well.

    Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Active Car Dock/Holder/Mount for Samsung Galaxy S 3, S4 & Note 2 with aux-out to car-speakers. Works with ALL cases: Cell Phones & Accessories

    iBOLT xProDock for Samsung with USB Cable - Android Car Kits & Mounts

    ProClip Garmen Mount although you could find it cheaper elsewhere, like the actual iBolt site for $10.



    Then just enter your car information for mounting solution options.

  19. #19  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    First time I have pasted a link...hope it worked. This is supposed to be iOtti's car mount for galaxy note 2 and s4. It costs $18 on Amazon and is better than the mount offered by Samsung. I have 3 of them and it is the only mount I have found that you can operate with one hand in and out. Placing the phone in the mount activates a spring that closes on the phone. Pressing another button releases the phone in the same hand. Pretty slick operation and makes it very adjustable for phones with cases.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007FH716W/...idcentral00-20
    Sent from my GT-P6210 using AC Forums mobile app
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Statusnone View Post
    On my end, my Samsung chargers are super snug compared to that garbage that AT&T is selling.
    Must be a case by case thing, because I've had just the opposite experience with my at&t car charger. Tight fit at the port, super fast charging, coiled cable, and an extra USB port for additional devices ... just about a perfect charger.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    For my S3 w/ BodyGlove ToughSuit case I use the Akron universal mount that plugs into the car's accessory port and has a charging cable. They also make vent & suction mounts. I've used this for about 3 years now with no problems. Since the S4 is the same size as the S3 it will fit with a fairly bulky case.
  22. #22  
    jimbl's Avatar

    Posts
    731 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy S4 car holder advise needed

    Quote Originally Posted by BarackOdrama View Post
    I use

    I originally bought it for my iPhone 5 but it's spring-loaded so it fits any smartphone. Very minimalistic and simple too use. It also rotates if you prefer to use your phone in landscape.
    Do you know if this will work with the Galaxy S4 and a minimal case, such as the Samsung Protective Bumper Cover Plus? Thanks.
    "I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks."
    Copy Referral Link. - Start with 15GB of space. You and I get 5GB extra! No limits!
    Dropbox Referral Link. - We both get 500MB extra.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-25-2013, 12:31 AM
  2. Samsung Galaxy S4 to Have Ability to See Through Walls!
    By deesugar in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-25-2013, 01:47 PM
  3. Will the Samsung Galaxy S4 be 'unbreakable'?
    By vor in forum Rumored Devices Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 03:08 AM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-03-2012, 08:19 PM
  5. Samsung Galaxy S4
    By ibcop in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 10-30-2012, 11:47 AM

Posting Permissions

B