Brand New but Damaged SD Card?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I had this SanDisk Ultra 64GB for a 6 months. When I got my S4 a few weeks, I got a message saying "Damaged SD Card" and suggest to reformat it.

SanDisk Ultra microSDHC and microSDXCUHS-I Memory Card by SanDisk

I formatted it on my iMac with Disk Utility, ExFat. I transferred all my files and got this error message again but I ignore it. The next day it wouldn't play any of my Music or Videos.

I contacted SanDisk and got an RMA. I got the replacement last night and this morning after transferring all my files I got this message again?!?

I ignored it and playing The Newsroom as I'm typing this to see if stops like before. So far so good. I'm just wondering if anyone else got this?

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I had this SanDisk Ultra 64GB for a 6 months. When I got my S4 a few weeks, I got a message saying "Damaged SD Card" and suggest to reformat it.

SanDisk Ultra microSDHC and microSDXCUHS-I Memory Card by SanDisk

I formatted it on my iMac with Disk Utility, ExFat. I transferred all my files and got this error message again but I ignore it. The next day it wouldn't play any of my Music or Videos.

I contacted SanDisk and got an RMA. I got the replacement last night and this morning after transferring all my files I got this message again?!?

I ignored it and playing The Newsroom as I'm typing this to see if stops like before. So far so good. I'm just wondering if anyone else got this?

I have seen on other forum threads that Samsung devices don't like reading ExFat, due to Microsoft licencing issues, etc. You may want to confirm what I just said, to make sure. You can also try reformatting to Fat32, but I don't know how well this will work, if at all.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
It could be but my never got this or any error message when I had my Note, S3, Note 2.

Also, I only get this when I insert the card but when I Unmount and Mount it, no error message.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It could be but my never got this or any error message when I had my Note, S3, Note 2.

Also, I only get this when I insert the card but when I Unmount and Mount it, no error message.

I am going to be honest, right now I am at a loss. Short of removing all your files to your PC and reformatting on your phone, I can't think of anything else.

redhat1001

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

I've gotten this error on my 64gb SanDisk card a few times. So far,I just take my card out and reseat it, and it works. I keep thinking I'm going to lose my card at any moment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

jackdubl

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I had this error on two SanDisk Ultra 64gb cards when I bought them for my S3. Exactly the same error. After two replacements the company selling me the cards said they didn't know what I was doing to the cards, gave me my money back and asked me not to buy from them again. They couldn't get them to work either. I'd try a different brand.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2