Can I Add An S4 To An Existing Verizon Number?!

thefreshprince13

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I currently have an iPhone 5 on a ShareEverything plan with Verizon. I'm looking for the best way to add a Galaxy S4, and preferably have it use the same number/same line. I've heard that it is possible to swap SIM cards (with an adaptor). Can I buy an unlocked phone and just use my Verizon iPhone5 SIM card, or no because it's Verizon?

Any ideas on how best to do this?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I currently have an iPhone 5 on a ShareEverything plan with Verizon. I'm looking for the best way to add a Galaxy S4, and preferably have it use the same number/same line. I've heard that it is possible to swap SIM cards (with an adaptor). Can I buy an unlocked phone and just use my Verizon iPhone5 SIM card, or no because it's Verizon?

Any ideas on how best to do this?

You can buy a S4 and Verizon will give you a SIM card at no charge. I assume you're not able to buy the S4 subsidized? If not, you can buy on full price and simply switch the device - you can do this on-line as long as you have a Verizon account. It's very easy to do.

Raymond Tan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can buy a S4 and Verizon will give you a SIM card at no charge. I assume you're not able to buy the S4 subsidized? If not, you can buy on full price and simply switch the device - you can do this on-line as long as you have a Verizon account. It's very easy to do.

The iPhone 5 uses a micro sim it's smaller that the sim in an S4.
And yes, if you get an adapter it should be possible to do what you trying to do. I would just go to Verizon and tell them what you are trying to do. They'll tell you the best way of doing it and let you know if there are any issues that may come up.

Nice to see someone with both sides of the fence.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 5 uses a micro sim it's smaller that the sim in an S4.
And yes, if you get an adapter it should be possible to do what you trying to do. I would just go to Verizon and tell them what you are trying to do. They'll tell you the best way of doing it and let you know if there are any issues that may come up.

Nice to see someone with both sides of the fence.

I know the I5 uses a smaller SIM card than the S4. If the OP switched devices from the I5 to the S4, he can keep the SIM in the I5 and Verizon will give him/her a SIM card for the S4.

You don't need an adapter.