New to Android. Desperate for help with music/media management.

zbny87

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I recently upgraded my AT&T iphone 4 to the Galaxy S4. Never had an android phone until now. I'm really enjoying the experience so far except for one thing...managing my music. I've had the phone for almost three weeks now and my music library is still a mess. I can't seem to find a program that can emulate the ease of the itunes experience(not that itunes was perfect). In itunes I can edit my album/track info and easily sync it to my phone so that it shows up on my device exactly how I edited it on my computer. Can someone please help me find a program like that for my android? I tried Windows Media Player, Kies, and Double Twist. Each have failed me due to the inability to edit album/track info. The tracks would show up on my phone completely out of order and with missing tracks at times. Double Twist would allow me to edit album/track info in the player but when I would sync(which takes forever with this program), the tracks did not show up on my device the way I edited them in the Double Twist player. Is there any program out there where I can edit album info and have it show up on my phone the same way? Any help appreciated. :eek::(:confused:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Don't know of a program. Files can be done by creating folder, drag and drop. Right click menu and then left click properties and tben details tab allows for editing of band, album, etc. I have stuck with windows media player myself.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
You should try iSyncr to sync your music. It works extremely well. Try Power Amp as your music player. It has a tremendous amount of settings and customizations. I believe it also has a 7 day free trial.

I came from iOS and I found that iSyncr actually is easier to use than iTunes for music syncing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

tazcordo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I agree. iSyncr is the best I've used. Works great over wifi. Worth the money. I had nothing but problems with doubletwist. I just use the stock music player for music. Make sure you delete all the music on your device before syncing. Just go to the songs tab in music player, hit the menu button, select delete, click box for all. Then use the iSyncr app over wifi.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
If you need to edit tags, I've been using Tag&Rename program for years on the computer side. You can change mass tags instantly and edit info as much as you want. I have no need for itunes, I retag as I aquire music and keep the folder nice and just drag and drop whatever I need to listen to.
The scrambled song order could be coming from the track #'s not being set proper. If you keep them as double digits as 01. 02. 03. etc it may solve that issue. The progam i mentioned can be used to do that to all tracks in one click.

zbny87

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I have no idea why double twist gets such good reviews and so many recommendations. What is so likeable about an app that makes you spend hours editing album info on your console, and then after sync, it shows up a mess on your mobile device? Hours of editing wasted using double twist. Is it so hard to emulate itunes? Why? Why is it so hard to make an easy music editor/player on android? Hate to say it but starting to miss my iphone...

gAlaXys4

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I just got done with my itunes library transfer. I too love the sync ability of itunes/iphone. S4's stock music player doesn't let you create smart playlist or edit the tags. I tried couple of syncing methods and music apps and found the following to be the best solution for me (for now)
Install a SD card, install EasyPhoneSync on your PC and S4, transfer your entire itunes library to SD card using EasyPhoneSync, install GoneMAD Music Player on your phone from Google store (found this to be the best app to edit tags/create smart playlist)
If you want to add any additional music files, you can connect your S4 to your PC via USB cable and copy/paste to Music folder: Computer\Samsung SGH-I337\Card\Music.
Took me a while to go thru all the setting options to personalize it but it was worth it!
gl

mpshah

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm to coming from the iPhone5. Let me start of saying that Music was my biggest concern on the Android ecosystem. I mean drag n drop is all good but when you have to transfer your existing tunes and playlists from iTunes trust me its a big hassle. So as of now the only way I think that makes sense to me is Google Play Music, you can upload up to 20000 songs for free and then subscribe by paying if you want more space. Download the Google Play Music Manager and it will help you upload all the songs / playlists from your iTunes. Hope this helps.

P.S. - I still miss the iPhone (but I'm gonna give the S4 30 days to impress me)

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm to coming from the iPhone5. Let me start of saying that Music was my biggest concern on the Android ecosystem. I mean drag n drop is all good but when you have to transfer your existing tunes and playlists from iTunes trust me its a big hassle. So as of now the only way I think that makes sense to me is Google Play Music, you can upload up to 20000 songs for free and then subscribe by paying if you want more space. Download the Google Play Music Manager and it will help you upload all the songs / playlists from your iTunes. Hope this helps.

P.S. - I still miss the iPhone (but I'm gonna give the S4 30 days to impress me)

I was an Apple fanboy and I still have all Apple computers at home. Give the GS4 a good try and you will be very happy. I converted last year and couldn't be happier. For the music, you really have to try iSyncr. It is actually easier to sync with iTunes than an iPhone, IMO. Once you set it up it is seamless and needs no attention at all. I have mine set up to sync nightly at 2AM. If I buy music from Amazon MP3 it will upload it from my phone into iTunes automatically. If I uncheck a song in iTunes it will be deleted from my phone automatically. The only thing you have to do is select the playlists you want to sync, along with anything else. I even created a movie playlist so that I can sync a couple movies to my Galaxy tablet. I set up my iMac to wake up at 1:55AM so that the computer will be awake when the sync starts.

Google Play Music is fine, but it streams and uses a ton of data. Also, if you are in a bad service area you won't be able to listen to your tunes. I also signed up for the 30 day free All Access trial with Google Music. I used a gig of data in about 5 hours of streaming.

mpshah

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I was an Apple fanboy and I still have all Apple computers at home. Give the GS4 a good try and you will be very happy. I converted last year and couldn't be happier. For the music, you really have to try iSyncr. It is actually easier to sync with iTunes than an iPhone, IMO. Once you set it up it is seamless and needs no attention at all. I have mine set up to sync nightly at 2AM. If I buy music from Amazon MP3 it will upload it from my phone into iTunes automatically. If I uncheck a song in iTunes it will be deleted from my phone automatically. The only thing you have to do is select the playlists you want to sync, along with anything else. I even created a movie playlist so that I can sync a couple movies to my Galaxy tablet. I set up my iMac to wake up at 1:55AM so that the computer will be awake when the sync starts.

Google Play Music is fine, but it streams and uses a ton of data. Also, if you are in a bad service area you won't be able to listen to your tunes. I also signed up for the 30 day free All Access trial with Google Music. I used a gig of data in about 5 hours of streaming.

Alright looks like I'm gonna give iSyncr a shot, thanks for the advice. Yup Google Play definitely uses a lot of data and you are right about bad service area's as I faced that problem this morning while driving to work. So I'm gonna look in to saving the tracks on the ext sd card through iSyncr. Will give my feedback soon.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Pin songs while on WiFi.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

zbny87

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have no problem on the computer side. The problem is that I spent hours editing my music in the doubletwist player and after syncing, found out that the music wont show up on my phone the way that I edited it in the doubletwist player on my computer. I mean, what the hell is that? What's the point of even allowing me to edit the music if it only stays that way in the computer doubletwist player?