HELP! S4 keeps restarting itself

EmanuelKemp

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone encountered this issue? My S4 restarts for no reason... It restarts while still restarting. I've had it for a week and am going this morning to the shop to get a replacement. I phoned Samsung support and first thing they said was absoluttely nothing was wrong with the new S4. Obviously that conversation did not go well... I also had battery problems and Samsung account problems but a factory reset and a new account fixed that. Probably due to the constant restarts, the screen has begun to show very thin white stripes.... Should i get a new S4 or get someother Smartphone? Its a shame because i saved like crazy to get my first Smartphone and it turned out like this...

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Definitely get it switched out. No ifs ands or buts. Get a new one. If you feel uncomfortable on the matter, try the HTC one instead. If you're willing to try Samsung again, I don't think you'll have a problem. Just make sure that if you do you have the opportunity to exchange it again and get a different brand, because at that point I'd assume you'd rather not go for Sammy again.

Bottom line is replace it one way or another.

But hey! **** happens. :) Don't let yourself be discouraged from the wonders of smartphones because of this.

EmanuelKemp

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I love the S4 so i will try to switch it for a new one and pray to the gods it doesnt come with the same problem... Or some new problems lol. Here in portugal you can only get the 4core edition, so for some reason i thought i would have less issues with it. I wonder what could be causing such a major malfunction though. Hardware, Software or a mix of both?

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Good luck sir :) Same here in the US, only the 4 core as well. I'd honestly say you've got some disconnect in the hardware, without a doubt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze