excessive data consumption....
New to Android, I just switched over from an iPhone on Friday and in the first few hours of having it my phone and carrier are saying I have used 250mb of my 500mb of data. This seem to be outrageous... I lightly used some apps but mostly over wifi, and this is literally hours after activating... ive now switched off my mobile data till I can figure it out. Any suggestions or insight? I'm also with Bell in Canada
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
- 05-20-2013, 09:20 AM #2
Re: excessive data consumption....
Look at what apps are doing background syncing, and how often. Email, facebook, twitter , Google+ can do background syncing frequently. If you have any location check-in type services active (look in Settings in Google map) that will constantly update in the background. If the options to back up your data to Google are checked, that will try to backiup all your contacts and other info, which could amount to a fair bit of data. The phone could be set up upload photos to Google + automatically, or by syncing with Picasa photo albums, if you use that service.
The S4 menus are different, so it may be in a different place, but on the S3 in Settings / Data usage you can scroll down and see how much data each individual app used on both mobile and WiFi. You can also choose, on an app by app basis, to restrict background data usage when not on WiFi.
- 05-20-2013, 09:23 AM #3
- 05-20-2013, 01:36 PM #5
- 01-09-2014, 08:16 PM #6
- 1 Posts
- 01-09-2014, 09:05 PM #7
- 01-10-2014, 06:26 AM #8
- 01-10-2014, 02:01 PM #9
- By hellorabbit in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 28Last Post: 01-31-2015, 09:08 PM
- By dwd3885 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 5Last Post: 05-30-2013, 06:32 AM
- By mikel675 in forum Motorola Droid X2Replies: 2Last Post: 07-11-2012, 08:02 AM
- By strudel#AC in forum ASUS EeePad Transformer PrimeReplies: 12Last Post: 01-31-2012, 08:45 AM
- By rmccully#AC in forum T-Mobile G1Replies: 0Last Post: 11-30-2010, 10:13 AM