No spacebar on Phone Keypad??

Mark Shah

May 20, 2013
Visit site
From the home screen, click Phone then Keypad and let's say I have 10 Andy's in my contacts book but I just want to type Andy G to get the right one displaying without having to drop down to see all 10 results and scroll to the right one, there does not appear to be an option for inputting a spacebar between the Andy and the G. Someone is missing something obvious and I'm not sure if it's me or Samsung - can anyone please help?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you use the Contacts page instead? The Keypad is really for quick contacts and speed-dials.. if you want full search functionality you should use the Contacts page, where you can use the full keyboard instead.

Mark Shah

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm aware of the Contacts page, I just find it so much more cumbersome than the Phone page if the Phone page only had a space bar, especially as the phone is so big and I often only have one hand to use, I find the Contacts page too awkward without feeling like I'm going to drop the phone.

Mark Shah

May 20, 2013
Visit site
So I guess it's a no then. Seems pretty ridiculous that you can't input a spacebar, it's actually making me miss my nokia with the awful symbian software.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
if you had 10 andys there would be a box at the end of the row in the dialer with a 10 and a drop down arrow. Hit that and it will list all the andys and then pick the one you want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams