Unable to turn off Email Vibration Notification

davidvetsch

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I REALLY do NOT want my phone to vibrate whenever I receive an email. So I went into the Gmail settings, selected one of my two liked Gmail accounts, went to "Inbox Sound & Vibrate" and turned off the Vibrate option and also the Notify For Every Message option. Still my phone vibrates on every incoming email.

What else can I do too turn this off??

Posted via Android Central App

alus415

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I posted about this in another thread and no one answered yet.

I turned off the vibration option on both Email and Gmail apps , now the Email app doesn't vibrate when I have the phone on silent but the Gmail one does. I did found out that if you select the silent sound option under settings that stopped the vibration but when I put the phone on normal sound mode then you don't get a sound when emails come in.

basically what I want is led and sound notification when I have my phone on normal sound and only LED notification when on vibrate .

davidvetsch

May 17, 2013
Visit site
This doesn't have anything to do with the Email app. I'm only using Gmail.

Exactly! When I set my phone should on normal or when in vibrate and of course also when it's on silent, I ALWAYS only want the LED notification (not even necessarily that) and the envelope icon in the notification bar. It should never be vibrating when I get an email...

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21