Can't upload pictures to Facebook.

jaxterzz

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone having this problem on the facebook app? Everytime I want to upload a picture, it tries for about a minute or so and then it says it failed. I want to show off my nifty S4 camera but I can't!

Update: So it seems I'm able to upload the standard auto pictures, but it won't let me upload the panoramic photos straight from my phone.

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone having this problem on the facebook app? Everytime I want to upload a picture, it tries for about a minute or so and then it says it failed. I want to show off my nifty S4 camera but I can't!

i have this kind of problems on certain hotspots.... if you're using your carrier's mobile network, try to upload them using wifi... if you are using wifi, try with your carrier's network... if you tried both already, try on a different wifi hotspot.....

you can also try and clear data/cache for the facebook app, but this would be my last option...

good luck!

jaxterzz

May 3, 2013
Visit site
i have this kind of problems on certain hotspots.... if you're using your carrier's mobile network, try to upload them using wifi... if you are using wifi, try with your carrier's network... if you tried both already, try on a different wifi hotspot.....

you can also try and clear data/cache for the facebook app, but this would be my last option...

good luck!

Thanks for the tip. I actually think it has something to do with the panoramic photos because I just uploaded the panoramic picture onto my computer and tried to upload it through there. Now I get a "Bad Image" error message on Facebook when I try to upload it on my computer. That explains why it didn't work through the Facebook app as well on the phone. But I've seen many of my friends post their panoramic pictures on Facebook so I'm not sure what's wrong...

Attachments

• 2013-05-19 20.59.19.jpg
    2013-05-19 20.59.19.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

jaxterzz

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Found a work around for it if any one else faces this problem later.
Got the answer from this article. How to share your panoramas on Facebook

"To do this, you must upload the panorama to another website, then share a link to the image on Facebook. An example of this can be seen on our Facebook page .

I?ve tested lots of sites that allow you to do this and found Dermandar to be very easy to use and it?s free!

Dermandar will allow images up to 8191 pixels in either direction, which means you won?t be able to upload the images until you reduce the size a bit.

For that task, my favorite photo management software, Google?s Picasa does the trick.

Not only can it help you resize the image, it?s a great way to unload space-hogging images off your phone so you don?t fill it up with panoramas.

Simply connect your phone to your computer and click on the Import button in Picasa to transfer the images.

Once you have them on your computer, click on the panorama you want to upload, then click the ?File? menu and select ?Export Picture to Folder?.

When the dialog box comes up, type ?8191? into the box below the ?Resize to:? option and click on the Export button."

Although I skipped the whole Dermander part and went straight to changing the pixels on Picasa and exporting the panoramic photo through there. I didn't notice any negative change to the picture quality as well.

FireFighter EMT

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I can not upload any pictures from my Android phone to Facebook at all. I tried it through Facebook, by clicking on the camera and it just goes right back to the screen. It should have taken me to my gallery of pictures to choose one. I also tried to share it to Facebook from my gallery and if would fail and ask to retry. I would retry and it would fail. Where is the issue??? I have installed and reinstalled Facebook and no change. I have removed the battery from my phone for an hour and still no change. HELP ASAP!!!!! PLEASE!!!!:'(

jgclouser

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
If you get an answer to this question please let me know. This same problem just started happening to me yesterday and I cant fix it either.

Cloudsoup

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
PROBLEM SOLVED. HERE'S HOW:

Instead of opening the picture from your gallery and uploading it to facebook from there, open facebook and begin a status update on your wall. Click on the "add photo" option (just like you would if you were on a computer) and your phone's gallery photos will pop up so you can choose one.

Took me about a week to start thinking outside the box after I racked my brain on this issue. I knew there had to be a simple solution! Hope this helps!

soninlaw

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
So i am working on my mothers samsung galaxey running version 4.0. When i attempt to upload a picture by either clicking on ( using the facebook app) photo option or status option the app crashes and reopens. If you go to the camera gallery and upload it gives you a failed to upload message. I have uninstalled facebookand reinstalled. Pictures settings are set to standard not panorama. Please help

John Mischke

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
i had the same problem for two months and it magically fixed itself today. the only thing i had changed was moving a huge, like almost a couple thousand pics off my phone and memory card. so i guess my gallery was too big for facebook to open... although the problem did start immediately after a fbk mobile update. try it, move stuff off your phones gallery.

Markus Uhlirz

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site

Eric Comeau1

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I have been having the same issue with my HTC One. I tried restarting, removing and re-uploading Facebook, tried to "Share" and used both the status updater and photo uploader on Facebook. Finally, I tried turning off my Power Save Mode on my phone it allowed me to upload pics. Might be a possible solution for some people.

THEJKDGUY

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Your a genius!!! It worked, shutting off the power save mode!!! Thank you so much, it was driving me crazy, i tried everything but that, your solution solved the problem : ) made my day thanks again!!!!!!!

Try shutting off the Power Save mode, I just did it and it solved my issue

Last edited by a moderator:

Lowseas

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
I can not upload any pictures from my Android phone to Facebook at all. I tried it through Facebook, by clicking on the camera and it just goes right back to the screen. It should have taken me to my gallery of pictures to choose one. I also tried to share it to Facebook from my gallery and if would fail and ask to retry. I would retry and it would fail. Where is the issue??? I have installed and reinstalled Facebook and no change. I have removed the battery from my phone for an hour and still no change. HELP ASAP!!!!! PLEASE!!!!:'(

I found the problem on my LG NEXUS in the settings for both FB and Twitter. Seems since a recent upgratd to the app, all permissions were deleted. I reinstated them under APP info and it fixed the issue.

Jglhendricks

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
i had the same problem for two months and it magically fixed itself today. the only thing i had changed was moving a huge, like almost a couple thousand pics off my phone and memory card. so i guess my gallery was too big for facebook to open... although the problem did start immediately after a fbk mobile update. try it, move stuff off your phones gallery.

Thank you!!!!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante