Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Music widget/bar on lock screen (how to remove)

How do i remove the music widget on the lock screen?

Default Re: Music widget/bar on lock screen (how to remove)

Just long press it until you can drag it, then drag it to the Remove area at the top of the screen.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Are you sure about that? I held it for a long time and nothing happened

Sorry, I'm using my Nexus 7 as a reference, so I guess the S4 has a different interface for the lockscreen. It's possible that the music lockscreen widget is not removable.

It depends on which widget you're trying to remove. If it's one you added, it CAN be removed by long-pressing. If you mean the music widget that automatically places itself there, then you can't unless you remove the setting IN THE APP. I'm not sure about the stock music app or Google Music, but in Spotify there is an option to disable the lockscreen widget.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    It depends on which widget you're trying to remove. If it's one you added, it CAN be removed by long-pressing. If you mean the music widget that automatically places itself there, then you can't unless you remove the setting IN THE APP. I'm not sure about the stock music app or Google Music, but in Spotify there is an option to disable the lockscreen widget.
    on the stock music app, there's no setting to do so... on my handset, it will dissapear after a while not listening to music, and with the app at least on the background... but not during music playback
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Guys, i found a way to get rid of it. You have to swipe down for the notifications bar, then you press the 'x' button for the music.
    SpookDroid likes this.

Can you get rid of it if you got it from settings? If you can how?

-Thanks

Guys, i found a way to get rid of it. You have to swipe down for the notifications bar, then you press the 'x' button for the music.
    You sure? When I do so, i simply turn off the music (i have this problem with Deezer). I have no idea how to disable this widget from lockscreen. Anyone?

It is not a matter of removing it. Unlock your phone and stop playing your music or close out of the music and then it will go away on your lock screen. Or if the music is paused. (Pull down the notification bar and press the x button on the right) Now it will be gone off the lock screen.

i have the same problem i want to remove it from my lockscreen. It's quite annoying when i swipe down and i can see my music list instead of my wallpaper..... Also how do i get rid of the clock widget? ive tired restarting changing the dual clock in settings and nothing. kinda useless since it already says the time uptop... ugh makes me slightly want my iphone back

Unlock your phone, go into the music player, use the menu where the options/settings are and at the bottom of the list is an option saying 'End', click on that and it will disappear from your lock screen

Unlock the phone. Add the music widget to one of the home pages and then remove it. It worked for me. Hope this helps.

On the music player widget itself there is a small A with an arrow next to it on the right hand side of the music player. Touch that and the music player will be gone from the lock screen.

Pull it down then you can long press and move it

Posted via Android Central App

I figured it out! I had the same issue and nothing on this forum actually helped, so i figured, for the first time in my life, i would actually contribute. Go to the widgets section (where all the apps are, then at the top click widgets). Go to the Google Play Music widget, long press and drag up to App Info. click Disable, and it will ask if you want to go back to the factory default version, click yes. Voila! problem solved. It must have been some new update to the app/widget. I don't use the widget myself, so i'm not sure how this actually effects it's functionality. Good luck!
    Fui Wun Shom likes this.

Its work! Thanks!

I have hit the X on the app in the notification screen. This takes it off for the moment but keeps popping back on there every 10 minutes or so. Nothing in the settings inside the music player to choose to take off lock screen or notification panel. This just happened after my phone updated to 4.3 this morning. I hope someone can figure this out. Very annoying. Just thought I would add that to possible help someone find a fix. Thanks

I am sorry, but the only way I have found to remove it permanently is a hart reset. I am sure there is a setting somewhere that I have not yet found. However I have spent the better part of the day (while recovering from chemo) trying to remove this app from the lock screen. While not on leave, this is what I do for a living (working at verizon).

the same thing happen to me after the last system update and can't get rid of the Samsung Media player

I started Samsung Music App, played one song, then quit the app and it no longer shows on my lock screen. It seemed like it was stuck looking for audio that it couldn't find, and the minute I played something, possibly a preference file was updated and allowed me to stop the widget from showing up...

FIXED
    Go to: Settings
    Go to: More
    Go to: Application Manager
    Go to: Running
    click on and hold the application that's the problem and Force Stop the application
    I stopped all while I was there and it hasn't come back 2 days and counting
    Good Luck

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

A lot of the solutions here temporarily close the widget, but it keeps coming back. This is new after upgrading to 4.3. Anybody have any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Jp Cadenas View Post
    i have the same problem i want to remove it from my lockscreen. It's quite annoying when i swipe down and i can see my music list instead of my wallpaper..... Also how do i get rid of the clock widget? ive tired restarting changing the dual clock in settings and nothing. kinda useless since it already says the time uptop... ugh makes me slightly want my iphone back
    Doesn't the iPhone have a clock on the lock screen and a clock in the status bar also? You would be having the same problem..

Posted via Note 10.1 2014

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Ok, got it fixed - for me at least. And at least for the past day. This is on a Galaxy S4 running 4.3.

Go to Settings - More - Application manager.
    Swipe to the ALL page
    Scroll down to Music and select it
    Select "Turn off"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast