The S4 now ranked the top phone by Consumer Reports

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
That's funny..... everytime they rated the iPhone the best Android users said "who cares what consumer reports say?". Or "they aren't important". Now we care LOL. Guess it all depends on your perspective on if what someone else says mean anything significant. Funny people we are.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
At least CR is unbiased and does a thorough battery of tests unlike most supposed online "experts". I trust them way more than most of legit test sites out there.

TheLegoman

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Who cares what Consumer Reports says? There is no single best smartphone out there on the market. What matters is how well the phone fits your usage patterns, not how well the phone is ranked in these reviews.

Posted via Android Central App

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
No matter what's being compared, I always say "Who cares what Consumer Reports says"

I do... they don't take money from advertisers!!! Most companies that advertise don't want to speak badly about people that advertise on their websites or in their magazines. Consumer Reports does not... additionally Consumer Reports surveys their subscribers to see how they like their automobiles, appliances and other consumables.

And here is the link to both CNN's and GSMArena's blog source story.. Consumer Report's story: Samsung Galaxy S4 performance is top-notch

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not an iphone fanboy by any stretch of the mind but how in the world do they rate the battery life on the S4 so much better than the iphone 5?

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Who cares what Consumer Reports says? There is no single best smartphone out there on the market. What matters is how well the phone fits your usage patterns, not how well the phone is ranked in these reviews.

Posted via Android Central App

IT's true that you shouldn't care but they have a huge influence for the non-tech following mom & pop types (wait .. I'm a new parent of an 11 month old... of a sudden that expression sounds wierd :lol:)

This will make a lot of non tech blog reading people choose an S4

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yep, that reason alone proves it.

:confused:
Well what I should have said was that it's typical for so many sites to just feature the most obvious. Listing less popular devices shows that they are not just picking the status quo.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Consumer Reports tends to weigh objective, measurable advantages over subjective ones. Having removable storage is objectively better (assuming you can get the same internal storage). Having a removable battery is better. Doing better in most CPU benchmarks is better. Having more features that can be turned off is better. Taking better pictures (this is somewhat subjective, but there are objective ways of showing which photograph is better) in most situations is better.

As a consumer, however, you have to weigh subjective attributes against those objective ones. There can very easily be one subjective attribute that trumps all of the objective ones for some individuals. Many find that there are reasons to pick the HTC One or iPhone over the S4 despite them being lower on the list and because of the way they use their phones, they'd be making the correct decision. However, Consumer Reports being wishy washy about ranking phones because of that fact would cost them some credibility because focusing on the objectively measurable attributes is what they do.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I think the fact that LG is listed proves they are unbiased.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Not really. The Optimus G is a great phone, but it is by no means the second best. I (and I think many others) would rank it somewhere in the lower half of the top 10.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Not really. The Optimus G is a great phone, but it is by no means the second best. I (and I think many others) would rank it somewhere in the lower half of the top 10.

The Op G or Op G Pro? I'd put the pro in the top 10, maybe top 5, the Op G wouldn't make my top 10.

100% agree, I think we could easily create a top 5 or top 10 list and most of us could agree on which phones are on the list(s) but very few of us would agree on which of the 3.6 million combinations that would produce is the most valid top 10 ranking.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital