Just got my S4

Xtian1980

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, super new to the forums. And honestly, a little over whelmed...lol. I am decently tech savvy, however this is my very first android device. I had an iPhone 4, and am just now switching from a windows phone 7. and I have to say, I have a few questions...

1. The lady at AT&T backed up my contacts to my google account, and when I got the phone I downloaded facebook and synced my contacts. On the windows phone you could link facebook contacts with your regular contacts so that all of their info showed up under one contact. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it?

2. How do I add my yahoo mail to the mail app? It is showing my gmail inbox and everything, but I can't seem to find a way to add any other email addresses.

I'm sure there will be a TON more questions to come, but those are the ones I need now. I have tried searching for the answers, it just seems like there is so much info on these forums. Thank you in advance for your help.

Xtian1980

May 20, 2013
Visit site
ok I figured out how to add my yahoo email address, however I still have no idea how to merge contacts so that my contacts list doesn't show both a google contact and a facebook contact separately. Can anyone help?

rubi76

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
ok I figured out how to add my yahoo email address, however I still have no idea how to merge contacts so that my contacts list doesn't show both a google contact and a facebook contact separately. Can anyone help?

If i remember well there should be a merge option in the menu screen when the contact is open.
It even suggests you who to merge with.

Sent from my Nexus

penyos

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Yep, just got it and noticed there a dent mark on the side.....kinda disappointed Samsung's QC ;(
DSC03311_zps1a8599cd.jpg

nata_panya

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

To join/merge separate contacts just:

1. Open Contacts
2. Select the "main" contact entry (with the phone number, gmail etc)
3. Tap the menu button to the left of the home button.
4. Select "Join contact". You are then asked which contact you wish to join/merge.
5. Find the other contact that you wish to join/merge (eg Facebook contact).

That's it. Hope that helps.

nata_panya

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
To add email (Yahoo, etc):

1. Open mail app.
2. Tap menu button to left of home button. Select "Settings".
3. Tap "Add account" and follow instructions. That's it.

Yahoo is one of the default email domains so it should be straightforward to add your Yahoo account.

Hope that helps.

Xtian1980

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

To join/merge separate contacts just:

1. Open Contacts
2. Select the "main" contact entry (with the phone number, gmail etc)
3. Tap the menu button to the left of the home button.
4. Select "Join contact". You are then asked which contact you wish to join/merge.
5. Find the other contact that you wish to join/merge (eg Facebook contact).

That's it. Hope that helps.

Thanks for your help, however, I have tried this on multiple different contacts and it always tells me that the contacts are joined, however they still show up as 2 separate contacts. Could there be a setting somewhere preventing the linking?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21