Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By phoenxs14
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 Homecreen will not rotate

Just got my S4 and really like it. I cannot get the homescreen to rotate, while the apps etc rotate properly. I seem to remeber when I first got my Nexus 7 the home screen also did not rotate but OS updates enabled this some months later. Have I missed a setting or is this by design?

ROM
    4.1.2 Stock

Default Re: Galaxy S4 Homecreen will not rotate

Quote Originally Posted by sjmsing View Post
    Just got my S4 and really like it. I cannot get the homescreen to rotate, while the apps etc rotate properly. I seem to remeber when I first got my Nexus 7 the home screen also did not rotate but OS updates enabled this some months later. Have I missed a setting or is this by design?
    Home screen doesn't rotate. This is by design.
    Thanked by:

Angry Re: Galaxy S4 Homecreen will not rotate

I noticed the same thing on my s4. Picture does not rotate nor watch youtube.

There must be a setting to allow the screen to rotate.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVID HENDRIX View Post
    I noticed the same thing on my s4. Picture does not rotate nor watch youtube.

There must be a setting to allow the screen to rotate.
    There is, yours is probably disabled. It should be in the quick settings when you pull down the notification bar. It'll say screen rotation.

Second from the right:

Global Posts
    1,278 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Or you can use two fingers to pull down the screen an you will git a bunch of quick toggles. Mine was not on the main toggle notifications bar. Or you can just tap on the 3 boxes with the toggle icon. (upper right corner)

I am thinking that some of us are not either use to TouchWiz as I have always been use to Motorola Android smart phones. I did find a work around using GMD Smart Rotate - Google Play Link -

My homescreen is now able to rotate, and using this with a car windshield mount for accessing my quick directions for navigation is no longer a problem!
    Thanked by:
    Kedar likes this.

Had the same problem, check your launcher. I found NOVA had auto rotate turned off. Turned it on and now mine works fine...
    Thanked by:

Exclamation Re: Galaxy S4 camera icons will not rotate vertically

hey hey
    im struggling to find a solution for this, when i hold my s4 vertically and open the camera, the icons are all horisontal...so the images also saves horisontal...so i have to rotate each image i take manually...my rotate icon is on? PLEASE HELP