App or setting to lock/sync all the volume sliders and vibration?

pdisme

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got my VZW S4 yesterday and coming from the three previous Moto Droids (Original, 2 and 3) I'm finding the whole concept of the volume sliders to be really flawed for how I like to use the phone. On those, the volume rocker controlled ring and notification levels, which is how I want it. If you went to vibrate, everything went to vibrate, if you went to silent, everything went to silent. If I'm at work at my desk, I like low volume which means low ring tone and low notification, no vibrate needed since it annoys co-workers when it bounces around on my desk. If I move to a noisy location and want high volume, both are high. If I am in a meeting and need vibrate, both went to vibrate.

On the S4, the hardware volume rocker only controls ring volume. If I'm in the office and I want low sound notifications for rings and texts, no vibrate, I now have to turn down ring with hardware, then press the screen button to turn down the volume for notifications, then go into phone settings, sounds, vibration to turn that off. Time for a meeting? Hardware rocker to vibrate, software notification volume to off, system settings -> sounds -> vibration -> notification vibrate to high. It's a real pain since I'm in and out of meetings, and one noisy environment (server room), on a day to day basis, so what was simple is now a 20 second operation each time I move around.

Is there an app or setting that can deal with this for me?

pdisme

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it doesn't really do anything differently than the volume rocker switch does when you go all the way down to vibrate or silent. The hardware switch will turn off audible notification of messages if you move it to vibrate or silent. What it won't do, is decrease or increase the volume of those notifications if you just turn the volume up or down (it only affects the ring volume). What it also won't do, and the widget won't do, is if you do not have vibrate already turned on for messages, moving the volume control to vibrate will not turn it on, so you're stuck not being notified of messages via a vibration until you go into settings -> sound -> vibration and turn it on there if it had been off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma