Anyone Know Why Picture Uploads On Instagram On Gs4 Look Like Crap

ITS ME DAVID

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I noticed when I upload a picture from my gs4 to instagram the picture comes out all compressed and ****ty even if I enable or disable high image processing. My iPhone 5 didn't have this problem any ideas?

justrabe

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I noticed when I upload a picture from my gs4 to instagram the picture comes out all compressed and ****ty even if I enable or disable high image processing. My iPhone 5 didn't have this problem any ideas?

Here's what he's talking about. I'm having the same problem as well on my GS4 (switched from iP5 also).
I posted this in the GS3 Thread. Seems like a lot of Androids are having the same problem.
You can notice a big difference in sharpness/smoothness of lines.

The first picture is what it looks like pre-upload.
The second picture is what it looks like post-upload when its on my Instagram.

2vttmhl.png

2vsf6mc.png

Sorry for the size.

But you see what I mean? Quite disappointing.

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site

In my case after i disabled my high quality image processing the pictures that i'm posting are quite better.

Here's what he's talking about. I'm having the same problem as well on my GS4 (switched from iP5 also).
I posted this in the GS3 Thread. Seems like a lot of Androids are having the same problem.
You can notice a big difference in sharpness/smoothness of lines.

The first picture is what it looks like pre-upload.
The second picture is what it looks like post-upload when its on my Instagram.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2vttmhl.png

http://i40.tinypic.com/2vsf6mc.png

Sorry for the size.

But you see what I mean? Quite disappointing.

Try disabling the high-quality image processing. To do that go to.

Go to your profile > Tap the 3 Dots on the upper right corner > Scroll down to options > Tap advance features > uncheck "Use High-Quality Image Processing"

Hope that helps. :)

Tbrew

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Turning off the high quality setting fixed the crap quality of my photos on my Moto X :D. Good call. It was quite terrible that my DSLR photos looked like flip phone pictures on Instagram.

Simbasmom

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, forgive me...I'm on my first android (GS5) and just stumbled upon this forum looking for a solution to why my photos upload to facebook at far less quality. I saw the answer regarding Instagram, but is there a solution for facebook? Also, it compresses them considerably when I text photos where my iPhone did not. Is this just something I have to live with? Thanks :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams