Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Omer San Gabriel
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Anyone Know Why Picture Uploads On Instagram On Gs4 Look Like Crap

I noticed when I upload a picture from my gs4 to instagram the picture comes out all compressed and ****ty even if I enable or disable high image processing. My iPhone 5 didn't have this problem any ideas?

Default Re: Anyone Know Why Picture Uploads On Instagram On Gs4 Look Like Crap

Try updating it and it should be fixed.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post
    Try updating it and it should be fixed.

Posted via Android Central App
    If there was an update then ok but there isn't it's updated already.

Quote Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
    I noticed when I upload a picture from my gs4 to instagram the picture comes out all compressed and ****ty even if I enable or disable high image processing. My iPhone 5 didn't have this problem any ideas?
    Here's what he's talking about. I'm having the same problem as well on my GS4 (switched from iP5 also).
    I posted this in the GS3 Thread. Seems like a lot of Androids are having the same problem.
    You can notice a big difference in sharpness/smoothness of lines.

The first picture is what it looks like pre-upload.
    The second picture is what it looks like post-upload when its on my Instagram.

Sorry for the size.

But you see what I mean? Quite disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
    In my case after i disabled my high quality image processing the pictures that i'm posting are quite better.

Quote Originally Posted by justrabe View Post
    Here's what he's talking about. I'm having the same problem as well on my GS4 (switched from iP5 also).
    I posted this in the GS3 Thread. Seems like a lot of Androids are having the same problem.
    You can notice a big difference in sharpness/smoothness of lines.

The first picture is what it looks like pre-upload.
    The second picture is what it looks like post-upload when its on my Instagram.

Sorry for the size.

But you see what I mean? Quite disappointing.
    Try disabling the high-quality image processing. To do that go to.

Go to your profile > Tap the 3 Dots on the upper right corner > Scroll down to options > Tap advance features > uncheck "Use High-Quality Image Processing"

Hope that helps.
    Nokia 5610, Blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505
    chloeshotmom likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I, did that please read my opening statement thanks
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I guess we have to deal with it.

after you disable the high quality did you restart your phone?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by chloeshotmom View Post
    after you disable the high quality did you restart your phone?
    Sorry but disabling doesn't fix the issue.

Read my comment over on the verge forum. Basically you need to resize the image (612x612) using a better interpolation method before importing it into instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by fakemustache View Post
    Read my comment over on the verge forum. Basically you need to resize the image (612x612) using a better interpolation method before importing it into instagram.

Thanks man. Did you leave the “Use High-Quality Image Processing” setting ON along with using Resize or did you keep it OFF?

Quote Originally Posted by justrabe View Post
    Thanks man. Did you leave the “Use High-Quality Image Processing” setting ON along with using Resize or did you keep it OFF?
    Turn “Use High-Quality Image Processing” OFF, it can cause tearing artifacts on your photos.

Thumbs up Re: Anyone Know Why Picture Uploads On Instagram On Gs4 Look Like Crap

Turning off the high quality setting fixed the crap quality of my photos on my Moto X . Good call. It was quite terrible that my DSLR photos looked like flip phone pictures on Instagram.