Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Default Wow. Best Buy has an entire section of the store devoted to Samsung Galaxy Products

I went into my local Best Buy in Belair, MD to grab some printer ink and wandered over to the phones to have a little touchy feely time with the S4 that I am getting next week. In the front of the store is Best Buy Mobile with all the carriers and their dummy model phones. Meh.

Then I went over to the printers and got my ink. Strolling through the store on the way to TV Land... But what do my wondering eyes see? An amazing, bright beautiful 20 x 20 floor display area with a huge marquee that said 'Samsung Galaxy'. The were 3 different stations with working, functioning S4's, black and white. Galaxy Note 2's. Galaxy accessories, Galaxy tablets. All in the same space with dedicated sales people just for the Samsung Galaxy section.

They were very happy to demonstrate the features of all the devices and actually knew what they were doing/saying. They were not Samsung employees, they were Best Buy Geek Squad type with GS attire; white shirt, black tie, black pants.

I was impressed.

Anyone else see anything like this at Best Buy? I haven't been in mine for about a month. It wasn't like that then. There also wasn't a desktop computer in sight. It was taken over by non Samsung tablets and a few laptops. I did not see any Apple branding displayed prominently.

Very interesting development.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    5,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Wow. Best Buy has an entire section of the store devoted to Samsung Galaxy Products

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    I went into my local Best Buy in Belair, MD to grab some printer ink and wandered over to the phones to have a little touchy feely time with the S4 that I am getting next week. In the front of the store is Best Buy Mobile with all the carriers and their dummy model phones. Meh.

Then I went over to the printers and got my ink. Strolling through the store on the way to TV Land... But what do my wondering eyes see? An amazing, bright beautiful 20 x 20 floor display area with a huge marquee that said 'Samsung Galaxy'. The were 3 different stations with working, functioning S4's, black and white. Galaxy Note 2's. Galaxy accessories, Galaxy tablets. All in the same space with dedicated sales people just for the Samsung Galaxy section.

They were very happy to demonstrate the features of all the devices and actually knew what they were doing/saying. They were not Samsung employees, they were Best Buy Geek Squad type with GS attire; white shirt, black tie, black pants.

I was impressed.

Anyone else see anything like this at Best Buy? I haven't been in mine for about a month. It wasn't like that then. There also wasn't a desktop computer in sight. It was taken over by non Samsung tablets and a few laptops. I did not see any Apple branding displayed prominently.

via Gnex
    There are still physical stores!?!?!?

That's actually awesome; kinda wish they'd show off some of the other Android devices like that too, but eh, a first step is a step!

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

TomsAndroid likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Default Re: Wow. Best Buy has an entire section of the store devoted to Samsung Galaxy Products

Omg, I go in there every couple of weeks for the electronics smell. And the touchy feely. It's about 25 miles from my house in town . I wander around for about an hour lusting over the TV's and phones. Sigh. There's nothing like the smell of Best Buy in the morning.

via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Global Posts
    5,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Omg, I go in there every couple of weeks for the electronics smell. And the touchy feely. It's about 25 miles from my house in town . I wander around for about an hour lusting over the TV's and phones. Sigh. There's nothing like the smell of Best Buy in the morning.

via Gnex
    You need help... JK, I'd do the same thing if there was a place that sold UFO's.

cabiggs152 likes this.

I'll have to check at my one in Alexandria this weekend.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus
    msndrstood and Darth Spock like this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,203 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    There are still physical stores!?!?!?

That's actually awesome; kinda wish they'd show off some of the other Android devices like that too, but eh, a first step is a step!
    The makers of other devices should pay up like Samsung if they want that level of marketing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    The makers of other devices should pay up like Samsung if they want that level of marketing.

That's why I was surprised at the lack of prominent Apple branding. One small display for the iPhone 5 at the end of the aisle, about 2 x 4 foot. ::Shrug:: I guess Apple wants to keep their billions parked off shore.

via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Darth Spock likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

You need help... JK, I'd do the same thing if there was a place that sold UFO's.
    Watched Independence Day for the 47th time last night and was loving the alien ship and alien tech parts of the ship. I loved going to Goddard Space flight center and having a hands on with a Gemini capsule that you could actually sit in and flip analog switches.

Yes, I have a problem. I admit it.

But its fun! Lol

via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Darth Spock likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,203 Global Posts

That's why I was surprised at the lack of prominent Apple branding. One small display for the iPhone 5 at the end of the aisle, about 2 x 4 foot. ::Shrug:: I guess Apple wants to keep their billions parked off shore.

via Gnex
    Much larger than 2x4 at most Best Buy's - usually 4 tables with Macs and iPads while the iPhone gets space at Best Buy Mobile.

Plus Apple has their own dedicated stores. Their spaces at Best Buy and Target are just supplemental.

And before you call out Apple for their tax avoidance,

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by 2:
    Darth Spock and Chetan Takyar like this.

Global Posts
    5,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Much larger than 2x4 at most Best Buy's - usually 4 tables with Macs and iPads while the iPhone gets space at Best Buy Mobile.

Plus Apple has their own dedicated stores. Their spaces at Best Buy and Target are just supplemental.

And before you call out Apple for their tax avoidance,

As long as tax dodging is legal, it's irresponsible in a sense for companies to NOT do it. Doesn't help the tax revenue, but shareholders want as much profit as legally possible. I'm not sure there are any companies that are not minimizing their expenditures whenever they see an opportunity.

Thanked by 3:
    Ry, MERCDROID and Chetan Takyar like this.
    r2t

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

This is what we get here in Thailand. They love Sammie's products over here. They give you free screen protector, 16 GB memory card, coffee mug, and Android blanket. It's a promotional event, but it seems like they have it every month of the year.

Sent from my GT-I9500
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wow. Best Buy has an entire section of the store devoted to Samsung Galaxy Products-uploadfromtaptalk1369283534718.jpg  

I was impressed.

via Gnex
    Oh snap another MD'er lol I'm in Silver Spring
    - Using the Galaxy S5! -
    Darth Spock and gnr_2 like this.

Global Posts
    5,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    oh snap, someone said "oh snap!" lol

Thanked by:
    Ry, basketthis, MERCDROID and 3 others like this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

As long as tax dodging is legal, it's irresponsible in a sense for companies to NOT do it. Doesn't help the tax revenue, but shareholders want as much profit as legally possible. I'm not sure there are any companies that are not minimizing their expenditures whenever they see an opportunity.
    That's absolutely true. But, we can always shame them into doing what's good for the county. They are bringing back some manufacturing to the US. It's a start.

via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Global Posts
    5,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

That's absolutely true. But, we can always shame them into doing what's good for the county. They are bringing back some manufacturing to the US. It's a start.

via Gnex
    Apple and some other countries are also trying to push for more favorable tax reform, with the incentive that if it happens they'll bring that revenue in; pay some low taxes on it and have it in a better position to reinvest it in industry here.

We need a fascism thread to discuss the relationship of corporate and state interests. I'll probably stay out of that one though, because it's one of the fastest routes to "hulk smash" mode But it's probably one of the main issues that just about every person on the progressive to libertarian scale agrees on in principle...

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by smooth4lyfe View Post
    I'm actually just over the Mason Dixon line but, we fly a Maryland flag since we were both born there.

Belair is the nearest town in any direction for 25-35 miles. BB Walmart, Target, Sears, Macy's, Red Lobster, Texas Roadhouse, etc. Old part of town on Main Street has pubs, bars, restaurants and antique shops. Not a bad little town.

via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Global Posts
    5,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

I'm actually just over the Mason Dixon line but, we fly a Maryland flag since we were both born there.

Belair is the nearest town in any direction for 25-35 miles. BB Walmart, Target, Sears, Macy's, Red Lobster, Texas Roadhouse, etc. Old part of town on Main Street has pubs, bars, restaurants and antique shops. Not a bad little town.

via Gnex
    I love Texas Roadhouse.

Thanked by:
    aggie and MERCDROID like this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Apple and some other countries are also trying to push for more favorable tax reform, with the incentive that if it happens they'll bring that revenue in; pay some low taxes on it and have it in a better position to reinvest it in industry here.

We need a fascism thread to discuss the relationship of corporate and state interests. I'll probably stay out of that one though, because it's one of the fastest routes to "hulk smash" mode But it's probably one of the main issues that just about every person on the progressive to libertarian scale agrees on in principle...
    Yeah, I'd have to stay out of that thread too. I'm too thin skinned. I could never be on a debate team. Not a pretty sight.

via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

via Gnex
    IN all fairness, Apple has a lot invested in their stores, which are quite signature in their own way. And Re: the off shore thing, the same would apply to well just about every other big company in the US. ALL of them.

That said, Samsung is a serious force, and literally wipes the floor with other Android OEMs, and now encroaching even more on Apple space. I still say it is good, competition is good, we donīt want anyone to get too comfortable. We should only look out for ourselves (the consumer) in this, as these companies all have billions we donīt have.
    Thanked by:
    Ry, msndrstood and MERCDROID like this.

Welcome to the World of Apple vs Samsung.

I hope GTA (Greater Toronto Area) gets a Samsung Store, I know Vancouver has one. One of the reasons why I love Apple is because of their store with Genius Bar and amazing Customer Service.

I hate dealing with Roger (basically carriers) dealing with shipping out the phone, waiting, etc. Classic is when they tell you to reset the device or turn this feature off for 30 seconds and see if it works. Seriously?!?!

Another was recently with Bell, If was a few days after I got my hTc One (Rogers) and unlocked it. I inserted my Bell SIM card and couldn't get Data, what does "technical support" suggest. "Do you have Mobile Data, ON?" *sigh* It took a lot of patients and 4 calls before they figured it out that it was my APN settings.

This is why I want an Samsung or even a Google Store and hopefully it matches Apple's service.
    Thanked by:

Nope my best buy has nothing like that lol just a bunch of broken dummy phones. I went to return my first gs4 because it had a connection issue and they kept saying i rooted and modded it even though it was just a launcher that i had installed because I'm not a huge fan of touchwiz. They really didnt want to give me a new phone even though I returned it within the 14 day period.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    MERCDROID likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by jason42090 View Post
    Nope my best buy has nothing like that lol just a bunch of broken dummy phones. I went to return my first gs4 because it had a connection issue and they kept saying i rooted and modded it even though it was just a launcher that i had installed because I'm not a huge fan of touchwiz. They really didnt want to give me a new phone even though I returned it within the 14 day period.

Did they replace it? And they didn't realize it was a launcher? Wow.

via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I was impressed.

via Gnex
    Yeah, one of the Best Buys, in Milwaukee, WI, has a dedicated Samsung Galaxy store. However, it's staffed by a Samsung employee. The guy was both friendly and knew his s**t. He gave me a nice demo of the S4 and answered all of my questions. It was actually refreshing, to see an Android OEM have a physical presence in a retail environment
    Motorola Razr V3-->Blackberry Pearl 8130-->Blackberry Tour 9630-->Droid Pro-->Droid X-->Rooted Droid 4-->Galaxy S3-->GSM Galaxy Nexus (Stock 4.3)-->Nexus 4 16GB (Stock 4..4)-->Nexus 5 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Note 3 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Nokia Lumia 1520 (Red)

Toshiba Satellite Win Vista-->HP Touchpad w/ CM 9 Alpha 1-->Motorola Xoom Wifi-->Toshiba Satellite Win7-->Acer Ubuntu/Chromebook-->Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1-->Toshiba Satellite Win8-->Ubuntu 13.10/Nexus 7 16GB (2013)-->Samsung Chromebook-->Asus Republic of Gamers/iPad Mini with Retina Display
    Thanked by:
    Ry, msndrstood and Darth Spock like this.

Global Posts
    5,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by jason42090 View Post

You'd think they could look at the About Phone menu....

msndrstood and jason42090 like this.

Did they replace it? And they didn't realize it was a launcher? Wow.

via Gnex
    You'd think they could look at the About Phone menu....
    Nope one of the guys actually had a gs4 himself and kept comparing his camera with mine and kept saying one was better than the other. They finally gave me a new gs4 and this one hasn't had any issues so far. Don't know why they kept making it complicated but I'll never go back to that store again. I've got my last 3 phones from them too.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast