Message notification on lock screen

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
can anyone explain to me how this works? i get a text and i get a banner on the lock screen with the name and partial message. i click on it and it grays out and it looks like i swipe to unlock. sometimes if i click on it a few times it will go straight to the message.

what is the proper way to use this notification to go to the message? i've never seen this on a samsung before.

paulsmosis

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I was just about to post about this same subject. Except I was wondering if it was possible to get rid of this pop-up all together? I'm coming from the S3 and when I got a text message on my S3, it would just scroll the message in the top banner only. Once the message scrolled through it would just leave an envelope icon in the banner only. There wasn't this big giant pop-up on the lockscreen like the S4 has. Anyone know how to disable this pop-up text message setting? (MY APOLOGIES ON GETTING OFF TOPIC)

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Op: I think what you're supposed to do is select it by touching it, then unlock.

Paul: Excellent question! Fortunately, the app store has the answer. Download Lockscreen Policy. Enable the notification, then run the app. It'll allow you to disable the lock screen popup from there.

Posted via Android Central App

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Op: I think what you're supposed to do is select it by touching it, then unlock.

Paul: Excellent question! Fortunately, the app store has the answer. Download Lockscreen Policy. Enable the notification, then run the app. It'll allow you to disable the lock screen popup from there.

Thanks

Wollombi

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Actually, Lockscreen Policy states rather clearly on it's store page that it doesn't work on firmware on Samsung devices, which both of the previous posters are using.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I posted this same question and the only answer is the Lock screen Policy app which doesn't support the S4 firmware.

So I did what I had intended to do anyway: rooted.

Now, I'm running Cyanogen 10.1 nightly and am free of Samsung's stupid messages appearing on my lock screen.

The thing that pissed me off the most was having their notifications overriding Dashclock; rendering the app mostly useless.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie