Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Message notification on lock screen

can anyone explain to me how this works? i get a text and i get a banner on the lock screen with the name and partial message. i click on it and it grays out and it looks like i swipe to unlock. sometimes if i click on it a few times it will go straight to the message.

what is the proper way to use this notification to go to the message? i've never seen this on a samsung before.

Default Re: Message notification on lock screen

I was just about to post about this same subject. Except I was wondering if it was possible to get rid of this pop-up all together? I'm coming from the S3 and when I got a text message on my S3, it would just scroll the message in the top banner only. Once the message scrolled through it would just leave an envelope icon in the banner only. There wasn't this big giant pop-up on the lockscreen like the S4 has. Anyone know how to disable this pop-up text message setting? (MY APOLOGIES ON GETTING OFF TOPIC)

Op: I think what you're supposed to do is select it by touching it, then unlock.

Paul: Excellent question! Fortunately, the app store has the answer. Download Lockscreen Policy. Enable the notification, then run the app. It'll allow you to disable the lock screen popup from there.

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Love Divine View Post
    Op: I think what you're supposed to do is select it by touching it, then unlock.

Paul: Excellent question! Fortunately, the app store has the answer. Download Lockscreen Policy. Enable the notification, then run the app. It'll allow you to disable the lock screen popup from there.

Thanks
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I just clicked it once and was taken to the message without having to unlock the phone. No rhyme or reason

Actually, Lockscreen Policy states rather clearly on it's store page that it doesn't work on firmware on Samsung devices, which both of the previous posters are using.

Global Posts
    283 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I posted this same question and the only answer is the Lock screen Policy app which doesn't support the S4 firmware.

So I did what I had intended to do anyway: rooted.

Now, I'm running Cyanogen 10.1 nightly and am free of Samsung's stupid messages appearing on my lock screen.

The thing that pissed me off the most was having their notifications overriding Dashclock; rendering the app mostly useless.