Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can you use the Verizon version of the Galaxy S4 on any other carrier?

I want to buy the phone for full price so I keep my unlimited data, but I also want to know that if they change it I can leave. What networks does that version of the phone work with? I wish I could get the Google edition but I am under the impression it does not work with Verizon's network.

Default Re: Can you use the Verizon version of the Galaxy S4 on any other carrier?

Seeing Sprint uses GSM I would say it may work with Sprint I can guarantee that you will not get 4G to work any any other network

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk

Default Re: Can you use the Verizon version of the Galaxy S4 on any other carrier?

If you want the Google S4 you'll have to join ATT or TMobile, it only works on GSM networks. Verizon and Sprint are the only ones that use CDMA networks and even despite that you can't use their phones on the other one's network, or any other network for that matter. So, if you buy Verizon's S4 it'll only work on Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgtblack View Post
    I want to buy the phone for full price so I keep my unlimited data, but I also want to know that if they change it I can leave. What networks does that version of the phone work with? I wish I could get the Google edition but I am under the impression it does not work with Verizon's network.
    Google ed coming to Verizon att and tmob

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by kgeier82 View Post
    Google ed coming to Verizon att and tmob

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    Where did you see that it would be on Verizon?