1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any program that will turn screen off when S4 is in your pocket or purse?

I was hoping with all the gimmicky nonsense features of the S4, they would have a screen-off feature that could actually be very useful to some people. I have my phone set to lock (requiring pin) every time I press the power button so I find myself constantly unlocking my phone because I press the power button to turn my screen off before plunking it into my pocket. Does anyone know if there is a program that automatically shuts the screen off if the phone uses it's sensors to determine whether or not it is inside or outside a pocket. That way I can just plunk my phone into my pocket without having to lock it. This would come in real handy when I'm working out at the gym, running, etc. I can also see it coming in handy just in general use as well like when I'm on a phone call... because my phone will automatically lock me out of everything except the phone call screen if I drop my phone in my pocket. This feature would likely also save some battery life. It would seem that a phone with so many sensors and gimmicky features would implement something as simple as "turn screen off when phone is inside a purse or pocket". Thanks in advance for any help.

Default Re: Any program that will turn screen off when S4 is in your pocket or purse?

It does automatically.... go to settings....my device....display...screen time out and from there choose the time that you want for the screen to go black and if you have it to lock immediately after the screen go off they you should be ok......... play with the settings........you don't need an app.

Default Re: Any program that will turn screen off when S4 is in your pocket or purse?

If you want the screen off by proximity sensor there is an app that includes an auto screen off feature.

"2x Battery" app from

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks but I was asking if there was a program to turn off the screen when the phone is in a pocket or purse.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    If you want the screen off by proximity sensor there is an app that includes an auto screen off feature.

"2x Battery" app from

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II
    Thanks. Will try that app