jaxterzz

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I just have a screen protector and no case. However, I did switch the plastic backing with an aluminum one. I'm super careful with my phones and for the past 3 years with my Blackberry Torch, I have not dropped it once. Looks brand new! :)

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I got a TPU case earlier today. I keep bumping the phone and for whatever reason the gs4 seems more fragile than my note 2 did. I was picking it up off my nightstand and didn't have a good grip and dropped it about 6 inches into its screen. The other day I had it out while waiting for my coffee and when they put mine up I hit the back of the phone on the counter while putting it away.

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I always go raw dog. I'd rather have a few scratches on my device than cover it up with some plastic and rubber. If I drop it and it breaks, screw it that's why I pay insurance. If the scratches get to be to much to deal with? Oh Verizon! "My phone keeps rebooting!"

Posted via Android Central App

txtoast

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't like cases but last year I dropped my 3 day old Gnex while crossing the street. I vowed that when I got my next new phone I would used a case, at least for the first few weeks.

Before the GS4 came out I bought the JKase DIABLO case. It's cheap and has a nice grip. I use it when I'm out but at home my GS4 goes naked.

Posted From My Galaxy S4 Using Android Central App

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Generic case from a mall kiosk and no screen protector. Meh, no need to go all out, all cases do the same thing I find. However, gel cases are all I buy. I will never buy a hard shell because they distribute shock throughout the phone when you drop it, causing even more damage than without a case period.

jayarh1

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
No case, no screen protector here. Maybe I'll get some sorta case down the line so I can stuff it in my backpack with no fears

cessperience

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Naked is always better. I was an iPhone user which I used naked as well and dropped a lot of times (really a lot) but still working good. The physical profile of S4 I don't think can handle that kind of stress, it looks and feels fragile. I need a case that is thin but still protects my phone. Mine is with SGP NeoHybrid now which I think is doing the job. I'll try the bumper kind of case next time like Griffin Reveal Bumper Case.

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I usually rock my phones them naked but I tried the ultra thin case from spigen it's nice and thin really nice case. No screen protector.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Android Central Forums

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Who's rocking their gs4 without a case or screen protector? I usually get cases and take them off after a few weeks so this time I didn't buy one at all.
I am carrying mine NAKED ......... no screen......no case...... and I love it ..... aside from the fact that I am not a dropper .......... I have never dropped a phone ........... so I am good............

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Last night I was out with friends and one of them has a blackberry that'd missing it's back cover. He was like oh is that the new galaxy s4 I'm thinking of getting it. Can I see it. So I hand it to him and he puts his phone up to the screen to see the size difference. I cringed as the battery and all the edges where the back piece should be touched my screen. But gorilla glass 3.0 should be fine right.

UseA Launcher

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Naked is always better. I was an iPhone user which I used naked as well and dropped a lot of times (really a lot) but still working good. The physical profile of S4 I don't think can handle that kind of stress, it looks and feels fragile. I need a case that is thin but still protects my phone. Mine is with SGP NeoHybrid now which I think is doing the job. I'll try the bumper kind of case next time like Griffin Reveal Bumper Case.

Wow you think the Iphone can handle more drops than the S4? I dropped an Iphone from less than 4 feet and the screen was completely shattered. And I disagree naked is not bettet.

GS4 Love

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Everyone who was running naked still doing so?

Not I. The thing was just too slippery. I didn't like putting it down somewhere and it just sliding around. Plus I wanted a little buffer between the screen and whatever surface I decided to sit it down on.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I almost always have a case on it but since the wireless battery charger back cover is thicker, none of them work. I'll it has on it now is a Spigen Glas.tr.

RG13

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a skin from icarbons and a bodyguardz pure glass screen protector on my device and even thought is not really running naked it sure does feel naked to me lol

JustCruisin

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I rock an Incipio case (which I really like), but peeled off the Zag screen protector after a week. I'm much happier with it now. The Gorilla Glass 3 is slick as snot, and so far seems to be unscratchable with normal use. I'm just careful to not put anything else in my pocket with it.

r2t

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I've always want to rock my phone without a case, but I'm one of those people that likes to drop their phone on some occasion. I like having the case front edge higher up on the screen. I dropped my phone on its face twice since I got it, but the raised edge saved me from a shattered screen and some good money.

Sent from my GT-I9500

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
My son's S3 has been without a screen for almost a year.

It has a crack on the screen and the phone is all scuffed up and scratched BUT he doesn't seem to care.
TO each his own.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante