My phone is on mute, but when i open a game there's still sound

jaxterzz

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have my phone set on silent but when I open up a game the sound comes on even though my phone is muted. I'm able to lower the sound and mute it using the volume rockers once I'm in the app itself but there shouldn't be any sound for anything if the phone is on mute. Is this a bug? Is there a fix for this?

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Putting the phone on silent usually only puts the ringtone and notification volumes on mute but not media and alarms. Go to settings for sound and see if you can link media and ringtone volume.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

mpdofficer514

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
How are you muting? Using just the rocker bar? That only mutes ring tones and such. In the sound settings there are 4 different muting options which can be accessed that way or during the action. Rocker bar on homescreen mutes ring tones and such, rocker bar during video, games, and music mutes those things.

Sent From My Galaxy S4 Using Android Central App

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369445320214.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369445320214.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 32

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Putting the phone on silent usually only puts the ringtone and notification volumes on mute but not media and alarms. Go to settings for sound and see if you can link media and ringtone volume.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Agree.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Android Central Forums

Michael Cho

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I have figured out how to resolve this issue.
Choose your settings by pressing the side key.
Choose sound

Then use the rocker key, press up or down, on the screen you will see the volume setting of your phone when you press the rocker key. You will also see the "gear icon" next to your volume level. Choose the gear icon and adjust your volume levels. Do this for the mute, vibrate and sound settings. Next time you choose mute, the volume settings you selected will be saved

Matt S2

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Choose sound

Then use the rocker key, press up or down, on the screen you will see the volume setting of your phone when you press the rocker key. You will also see the "gear icon" next to your volume level. Choose the gear icon and adjust your volume levels. Do this for the mute, vibrate and sound settings. Next time you choose mute, the volume settings you selected will be saved

yes, THANK You! I just upgraded my phone to an Android for the first time, and couldn't figure this out. Thanks!

AalexH

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Choose sound

But when I now enable sounds my apps, games and music stay muted.

So I'm new with android and used a iphone before. When i've muted my iPhone everything was silent. And when I've reactivated the sounds everything was loud.

Isn't there a option like this on android?

Kaz Vorpal

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Can we all agree that's a really asinine decision on the part of the developers?

If we're putting it on mute, while there could be some debate over precisely what that means, it's better to err on the side of silencing EVERYTHING, so you don't have millions of people finding out the hard way, when something makes a loud sound and wakes up the sleeping baby or something.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I don't think it's asinine at all. It makes sense to me that the setting is completely intended for ringtones and notifications only, because those are the sounds that might come without any warning. Media sounds would be from apps that the user actually intended to use. Perhaps there could be some toast notification whenever the user selected the Mute option that reminded the user that it's only for ringtones and notifications, but then we'd probably also see a similar number of people complaining about that toast notification always showing up.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Can we all agree that's a really asinine decision on the part of the developers?

If we're putting it on mute, while there could be some debate over precisely what that means, it's better to err on the side of silencing EVERYTHING, so you don't have millions of people finding out the hard way, when something makes a loud sound and wakes up the sleeping baby or something.
Your using a Samsung S4?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt