chicagotobin

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else getting "Unfortunately S Health has stopped working" when trying to open it?

The first time I opened the app, it asked for my info and when I hit continue it closed. Now when I click to open, the screen goes blank for a few seconds and then comes back with the message above.

I saw a couple of other posts on this. One said to disable multi window but I already have it disabled. The other says to factory reset.

Thoughts?

Posted via Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I would try the lesser of the two first, then if necessary factory reset. If you haven't rooted or disabled anything a reset should fix it.

sombradc

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue today. Here's what I did with the app:
Kill the process, clear cache/data, uninstall updates - it will take your S Health back to factory condition. Done that, run it, check if everything works. If positive, update it manually trough Samsung Apps.

chicagotobin

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, no luck. Still occurs when I hit Start after entering in personal information. S Memo is also stopping when I try to save. There is a thread over on XDA where two other people are seeing the same thing.

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I also having this exact same problem with S Health... Haven't tried s memo. REALLY don't want to do a factory reset. (VZW phone...wonder if it's carrier specific?)

skiner5246

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I also having this exact same problem with S Health... Haven't tried s memo. REALLY don't want to do a factory reset. (VZW phone...wonder if it's carrier specific?)

Good question. I have the AT&T version and have not experienced this. Who is your carrier?

chicagotobin

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Verizon.

I did notice when I looked at Samsung account settings that it did not like the password. I reset it but the problem still occurs. I tried clearing data and cache and reload the update, no luck.

I noticed in s memo that I can create a new folder, but hitting save or save as causes it to stop.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Leave it to Verizon to take an extra month to "bug fix" (I'm sure that is their excuse) but really muck up the apps, makes you wonder.

chicagotobin

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Leave it to Verizon to take an extra month to "bug fix" (I'm sure that is their excuse) but really muck up the apps, makes you wonder.

Yes it does. I was just at best buy and could see the phones there had samsung apps loaded by default. I assume it was Verizon that pulled it from their phones?

chicagotobin

May 22, 2013
Visit site
No luck with a chat session with Samsung. They had me boot into recovery mode and wipe cache, then tried booting into safe mode.

Have to call 800 number during the day.

Joshua Fischer

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I have it on ATT. It pops up this message when my phone is disconnected from data (wifi or 4G). It keeps popping up about every 2 seconds. I've never used the application. So when you're on the plane and trying to read a book on Kindle, it is nearly impossible. #hatetheappI'veneverused

William Bartko

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I think they are trying to eliminate the original s-health and get folks to use a new junk version. I have been ten months participating in the program and having over sixty group and international group was motivating. Now they have taken that out and instead use a junk version. I was looking forward to buying the new note 5, that is even faster, but not now. LG counts steps, has a nice large screen and is a hell of a lot less money. Who ever writes Samsungs upgrades needs a different job. They have just slapped millions of competitive users in the face and I am guessing it will take a lot more than a faster phone to get the price.

My thoughts

Bill Bartko