Losing unlimited to switch to G4

n813ca

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I have two maxs and mine will sometime not vibrate or make sound. Other one is pretty good. Is it worth it? I use about 6-8 GB a month. Minus the $600 for two phones I would be close to the same with 6 GB but more after that. I am having a hard time giving up my unlimited . However I won't spend 1400$ on new phones considering my plan only has 700 shared minutes and 250 text. I never get near my minutes as all my friends have Verizon.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I have two maxs and mine will sometime not vibrate or make sound. Other one is pretty good. Is it worth it? I use about 6-8 GB a month. Minus the $600 for two phones I would be close to the same with 6 GB but more after that. I am having a hard time giving up my unlimited . However I won't spend 1400$ on new phones considering my plan only has 700 shared minutes and 250 text. I never get near my minutes as all my friends have Verizon.

Verizon unlimited data plans are worth money. You may want to google how you can sell that plan off.

loonie01

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has a payment plan now to keep unlimited. You are basically buying the phone outright in 12 month installments. Roughly $55 a month. I just did it today. Only in store though.

JStamp627

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
To keep my unlimited data I bought my S4 on a Best Buy card, 18 months no interest. Where as VZW wants to charge you interest for 12 months.

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Man am I ever glad I'm grandfathered in for unlimited data at AT&T. Just did a new contract for my phone and still have same data plan and price I was previously using.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Jfazyankees13

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

You can upgrade and still keep your unlimited data. Go to http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-samsung-galaxy-s4/272720-verizon-unlimited-upgrade-loophole.html for details

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I always made sure any changes kept my unlimited intact. It is clear that Verizon wants to end the unlimited data and I would loose it unless I bought it at full retail. I said screw it, I have five phones and save $100 a month moving to the shared plan. I really think that the only people that should keep unlimited are the ones that watch video at work on cellular signal. I don't and definitely would not allow employees to do this. I just canceled unlimited on the four lines that had it. Your circumstances may be different then mine but I was tired of jumping through hoops and paying more for something I never needed anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I always made sure any changes kept my unlimited intact. It is clear that Verizon wants to end the unlimited data and I would loose it unless I bought it at full retail. I said screw it, I have five phones and save $100 a month moving to the shared plan. I really think that the only people that should keep unlimited are the ones that watch video at work on cellular signal. I don't and definitely would not allow employees to do this. I just canceled unlimited on the four lines that had it. Your circumstances may be different then mine but I was tired of jumping through hoops and paying more for something I never needed anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
I agree i have 4GB of data a month on 2 lines,and never go over it,i think most people who need it use it for tethering/home internet replacement,when home i use my Fios Quantum wifi/wired for internet,which destroys any 4G speeds so no reason to use data,also have my friends login info for optimum hot spots which is nearly everywhere around Northern New Jersey.

Leilan

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I just lost mine too. Since getting my first smartphone back in 09, I can count the number of times I went over 2gb on 1 hand. Wanted to keep it for the principle, but it wasn't worth paying a couple hundred dollars more for something I don't use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36