Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What is this symbol?

The symbol to the left of the alarm clock. Looks like a diamond with the waves. I thought it was gps but I don't have it on.

Also, just starting this morning, text messages get stuck sending. Some of them do get through because some people reply (even though it says it is still sending). I tried a restart but with no effect.

As well, I have wifi on with mobile data. Will wifi take priority? On my last phone, a motorola, I could keep both on, but when I was connected to wifi, the mobile data symbol wasn't even on.

I'm on Verizon.

Thanks in advance. I want to love this phone, but every day reveals a new, albeit small, issue.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums

(And why doesnt it say sent from my galaxy s4?)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is this symbol?-uploadfromtaptalk1369503101208.jpg  

Default Re: What is this symbol?

dont see a picture?

It is a GPS symbol
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Hi. It doesn't say sent from my galaxy s4 because you have to manually change your signature to that. As for the symbol, it is the GPS. It shows the icon even when GPS is off. By the looks of it, your verizon location services are turned on. WiFi will take priority over LTE.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

UPDATE: I figured out the wifi/mobile data issue from another thread. I had to disable an app called something like Caller Name ID that kept the mobile data on. Disabling this fixed it.

The text messages not sending seems to be a problem with Verizon (obviously) so I'll refer to those forums for this issue from now on.

But the GPS symbol is still rather annoying.

Thanks for the tips!