Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By KBV1
  • 1 Post By amywhelan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Unhappy 2 Tone beep sound constantly playing :/

Hi.

I have a strange thing happening to my phone at the moment. When I put my phone on to 'Sound' and then unlock my phone, I get a 2 tone beeping sound constantly playing and wont stop. If I turn it onto silent its fine, but turning it back on, the sound plays :/. I have restarted the phone and shut it down but nothing.

I have no apps running in the back ground either.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Default Re: 2 Tone beep sound constantly playing :/

Try factory resetting the phone and reinstall everything. I think you have something buggering up in memory or a corrupt setting somewhere.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Hi Have attached the sound which I am hearing to help.

If i need to restore my phone, how do I back everything up, like layout/texts/apps etc? I know i iPhone i used iCloud, sorry I'm new android

Memo.mp3.zip

Thanks
    Thanked by:
    Lee Disdle likes this.

Hi this had been happening to me 2!! If u swipe down the notification bar & turn off the "NFC" Then it should go away !!
    Thanked by 4:
    graytona likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

Is that what is causing it? The NFC?

I factory restored it yesterday and it started happening again today but only did the sound once? My NFC was turned on, but turned it off now. Must be a bug somewhere?

Hello,

I had a similar problem with my new galaxy S4.

The beep sound occurs because of a setting in the clock widget. It happened because the app got updated and got reset to its original settings. It beeped every hour.

thank you so much for this...thought i was going nuts.

i also had same problem, i tried so many things.. was going nuts... then at last i just off Orientation Lock as it was locked, then it stops beeping.. i don't know in your case .. but this was my case !!

In my case on my stock Nexus 4 it was totally what amywhelan said... the NFC setting. Thanks amywhelan!

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Thanks but on my S4 (Verizon) it does not appear to be related to the NFC.
    eyh

Thanks! I had the same problem and it worked by turning off NFC! Big annoyance and thank goodness it's gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by amywhelan View Post
    Hi this had been happening to me 2!! If u swipe down the notification bar & turn off the "NFC" Then it should go away !!

hey guys i installed cyanogenmod 11 on my galaxy s3 and when i play music and my phone is locked when i unlock it makes a strange sound can anyone help me plz

Lightbulb Re: 2 Tone beep sound constantly playing :/

On my phone it turned out to be the OK Google app. I uninstalled that app and the beeping went away.

Thanks for the tip on NFC. I did some investigating, as my fiance was having this issue. It turned out she had a credit card with NFC that was interacting with the NFC in the phone. Removed the card from her wallet case and no issues anymore.

Mines started doing the exact same thing two days ago. I didn't change any settings on the phone, but somehow I noticed that the NFC got switched on, and my gyro orientation setting was now switched off. Not certain how this happened, since I didn't touch any of these settings. Once I turned off the NFC and switched the orientation back on, the beeping stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by KBV1 View Post
    Hi.

I have a strange thing happening to my phone at the moment. When I put my phone on to 'Sound' and then unlock my phone, I get a 2 tone beeping sound constantly playing and wont stop. If I turn it onto silent its fine, but turning it back on, the sound plays :/. I have restarted the phone and shut it down but nothing.

I have no apps running in the back ground either.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Its probably a application go into settings -more then application manager and turn off the notification on your newest apps do it when the tone plays so you know when its off
    Piece bro

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Petrie View Post
    Thanks for the tip on NFC. I did some investigating, as my fiance was having this issue. It turned out she had a credit card with NFC that was interacting with the NFC in the phone. Removed the card from her wallet case and no issues anymore.
    Yeah, same issue here. Put my military I'd (cac) in a wallet case. The NFC was trying to read the chip in it.