Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Taryn Drag
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS, JB & CyanogenMod 7.1

Default Ford Sync and GS4 Not Playing Nice

I have a 2013 Ford Focus and my new Verizon GS4. I connected to phone to Sync no problem and synced my phone book. My problem is EVERY time I get in the car and want to use bluetooth audio to stream music I have to manually enable media sharing in the bluetooth settings. Phone sharing is always check but media sharing doesn't want to stay enable. Anyone have the same problem?

Global Posts
    5,733 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Ford Sync and GS4 Not Playing Nice

Quote Originally Posted by nvoll84 View Post
    I have a 2013 Ford Focus and my new Verizon GS4. I connected to phone to Sync no problem and synced my phone book. My problem is EVERY time I get in the car and want to use bluetooth audio to stream music I have to manually enable media sharing in the bluetooth settings. Phone sharing is always check but media sharing doesn't want to stay enable. Anyone have the same problem?
    Try the solution in the beginning of this thread from bembol:
    galaxy s4 Bluetooth

It seemed to be successful for at least one other user. If that doesn't work, let us know and can dig around some more, but the issue sounds very similar to yours.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    ROM

Any luck getting the music to play with the USB cable with the ford sync?

I found a solution to my Galaxy S4 not pairing properly to my Ford Audio

Tick the first option in the Galaxy's Bluetooth settings -- I THINK it's "Make my device visible to all near by Bluetooth devices"...something like that anyway.

Once this option's ticked, you'll notice a little countdown timer appear....go ahead and re-pair your Galaxy to your Ford Audio before the timer runs out (don't worry, the timer goes on for 2mins).

This worked for me. I drive a 2011 Ford Fiesta (with standard head unit and audio system that the car ships with -- not sony). Be4fore, the two devices would connect, but only for a few seconds and then the ford audio would automatically unlink...now they stay linked, which is good because i signed up for a 2 year contract with this phone only yesterday and seeing this problem made me wanna go run over kids and elderly -- not really :P

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

I will try some of these ideas. I could not get music to play in a 2013 Ford Fusion. The phone sync was fine and working. I expected to push the "media" button (I'm going a bit by memory but I think that is what it is called) and to see bluetooth as an option (which is what the Ford voice told me I should do). It never showed up no matter how many re-pairings I did, including after selecting media sharing in the bluetooth options on the phone.

my problem is that spotify skips and pauses .......any fix for that....i never had a problem with my iphone 5

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Elless View Post
    I found a solution to my Galaxy S4 not pairing properly to my Ford Audio

Tick the first option in the Galaxy's Bluetooth settings -- I THINK it's "Make my device visible to all near by Bluetooth devices"...something like that anyway.

Once this option's ticked, you'll notice a little countdown timer appear....go ahead and re-pair your Galaxy to your Ford Audio before the timer runs out (don't worry, the timer goes on for 2mins).

This worked for me. I drive a 2011 Ford Fiesta (with standard head unit and audio system that the car ships with -- not sony). Be4fore, the two devices would connect, but only for a few seconds and then the ford audio would automatically unlink...now they stay linked, which is good because i signed up for a 2 year contract with this phone only yesterday and seeing this problem made me wanna go run over kids and elderly -- not really :P

I have a 2013 mustang and was having the same issue with playing music from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via USB. After you sync your phone, go into your phone's bluetooth settings. Click on the 'settings' icon for the active connection with your vehicle. Once that page opens, make sure to check the box that says 'media audio.' Then use the voice command on your vehicle and say 'USB,' and after that a command such as 'play all.' Once it initializes, you should be able to sort thru your music. This is what I did. Hope it works for you.
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.

Cool Re: Ford Sync and GS4 Not Playing Nice

YES! There are TONS of folks who have had this complaint, as I discovered when the same thing happened to us. Doing a search online was just confusing and irritating. After doing that and giving up on the solutions various folks came up with, we called Samsung. Don't bother. They told us that of all the phones that were compatible with Ford Sync, my new Galaxy S4 wasn't one of them. We had to re-pair it every time I started my truck. I actually took my husband's phone out of his hand and told the Samsung rep what I thought of their not having a phone that was Ford compatible (hey, a LOT of people have Droid OSs nowadays!)--and by the way, the first tech didn't have a clue and bumped us up to his supervisor who was the one who told us that our specific phone wasn't compatible, so I said thanks and then I hung up. The next morning, I called Ford directly after searching for their headquarter's phone number online. To my surprise, there wasn't any stupid music to listen to because I was never put on hold--I was put straight through, and spoke with a young woman who talked us through reactivating our 911 assist first and THEN, SHE TOLD ME TO TAKE MY 2012 FORD F-150 TO THE DEALERSHIP AND ASK FOR THE SOFTWARE UPGRADE TO THE SYSTEM FROM THE CURRENT 4.0.2 to 4.2.1.4! Holy hotcakes and milkshakin' Mama! We wasted so much time and energy...please pass this along and save yourself the frustration that we went through. Samsung, you really need to keep on top of things. Ford, right on, guys! Our appointment is today at 1:00. I will say that the young woman who took my call at the service desk at the dealership sounded irritated and said that customers could do the upgrade themselves. I suppose I should have reminded her that "service" means exactly that. Rest assured that I will be back here tomorrow complaining along with everyone else if it doesn't work. If you don't hear from me again...I will be off celebrating. Good luck!

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock and faulty

I had this problem with my Galaxy Nexus in my 2013 Fusion. Simply deleting the phone out of the car system and reconnecting worked for me. My GS4 connects fine and even display the songs from my phone and text messages.

I've posted this on another forum, but you don't even need to take your car to Ford. If you go to their website here you can download the update and put it on an USB stick, plug it into your Ford Audio and run it yourself. Took about 5 minutes and now my Samsung Galaxy S4 pairs perfectly with my 2010 Ford Fiesta Zetec.

I have an SGS3 that won't play thru the USB cable. It claims I have DRM content on there(all of my MP3s are DRM free, and they play on my laptop, on my phone, on my tablet(Samsung 2014 edition when streaming over my WIFI using a USB 3.0 HDD). Why is claiming my music has DRM, but will play just fine using the stock app over bluetooth? And how can I get the car to see the music on my SD card over usb WITHOUT rooting...