Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help me launch S Voice without the loud beep

I have just started using the Verizon Galaxy S4, and want to be able to use S voice to enter new appointments in my calendar, but when I double click the home button to launch S voice it makes a loud beep that I do not want. I found the button that keeps S voice from talking back, but it doesnt silence that first beep. I can only reduce the volume of the beep by reducing the media volume in settings. I have system noise volume turned off but i like to have my media volume loud, why is the beep of the S voice considered media instead of system sounds? Is there any other way to turn it off? Should I just use google voice instead?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Help me launch S Voice without the loud beep

I guess i will wait another month until more people have an S4, I seem to have stumped the earliest adopters.

No way to disable it on stock. Maybe someone else will find it annoying and come up with a custom ROM or modified APK, but if you're sticking to what Samsung loaded up, then you're stuck. I don't think it should beep if you're in vibrate/silent mode, but it does... In any case, I seldom use S-Voice, I find Google Search/Google Now more efficient (and more natural voice feedback, too)

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Can Google now perform phone specific functions like entering calendar appointments or sending texts like s voice does?

Posted via Android Central App

I have the opposite problem. My beep went away and I want it back. The behavior changed and I don't know when or why. It used to work like yours but not now. If I use the home button it opens and waits for me to say "Hi Galaxy" first instead of beeping and being ready for a command. But doesn't work out very well with my headphones. I don't know if it's active or not, so I have to say "Hi Galaxy" blindly and hope it's listening, then if it was I hear a beep and can give a command. It's really not what I want.

IMHO Samsung has really been messing up lately. When I got my S4 last summer it was great, everything just worked. But after a few updates I'm now up to 4.2.2 and it's a constant frustration as I keep finding things 'broken'. I wish I could go back. I don't know if Samsung broke this part of something I put on it did. But either way I'd sure love to have that beep back. If anyone knows how I can get it back I'd love to know.