Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By benhmadison
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default could not buy samsung galaxy s4 for full price at AT&T store

I went to AT&T store today (corporate store) and said to sale rep I wanted to buy Samsung galaxy s4 for full retail price. I was told that they are not allow to sell galaxy s4 or htc one for full price and I have to order online.. Has any one else had this issue or heard of this before. I search online and was not able to find out if it is true. Not sure why a store would want to get full price for phone rather then subsided pricing.

Default Re: could not buy samsung galaxy s4 for full price at AT&T store

Wow!! Im sorry and shocked that happened to you. Id try best buy. Hope you get it soon. Its an awsome phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

I actually went and picked one up yesterday at full price at a corporate store and had no issues at all. Sounds like the sales rep is mistaken or the manager at that particular store is taking policies in his own hands. That or it could be something with your account, though I'm not sure what that could be. I have a premier account with a corporate discount and didn't have any problems.

I would assume that it is just the policy of that individual store. Possibly a supply control tactic for the time being. Do you have another at&t store you can try?

'apatalk

It's more than likely just that store. The reps and managers get paid on upgrades and new line activations. They don't make money selling phones outright. Our manager used to tell us that if someone wants to buy a device outright just tell them we didn't have them in stock.

It's typical sales first/customer last wireless service. Sorry that happened to you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP
    RenoD2010 likes this.

I had the same issue with t-mobile when I got my note2 however that wasn't a corporate store. When I went to a corporate they sold it to me and when I asked why the may not have sold it to me I was reminded that they do not get much commission if any on a off contract full price sale .

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

I agree. There is little incentive for them to sell you the device without a contract.

If you want to really throw it back in their face, but the Google edition SGS IV or HTC One. Not only no contact but no bloatware either, no rooting required

From my LG Optimus G E970

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by benhmadison View Post
    It's more than likely just that store. The reps and managers get paid on upgrades and new line activations. They don't make money selling phones outright. Our manager used to tell us that if someone wants to buy a device outright just tell them we didn't have them in stock.

It's typical sales first/customer last wireless service. Sorry that happened to you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    That isn't good business sense to turn down customers just because you won't make as much.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA