Play Store stopped working

crazylilme

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone experienced this? My Play Store stopped working a couple of hours ago and I haven't been able to find anything that fixes it. Anyone have any ideas?

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
You can start with the basics....
Restart your phone....if it still won't work, clear cache and data....

Please note that I'd you have disabled one or several Google apps, you might encounter this problems ... in the application manager, some Google apps, mainly the play store will depend on other apps, so by disabling them, it may cause play store to stop working...

Good luck!

crazylilme

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Already restarted the phone twice and then removed the battery after no success. Also cleared all the cache and data on every app I could with no success.

Turns out the download manager had somehow been disabled (without even knowing it existed) without warning. After enabling it, the Play Store works again.

Iammedina

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Go to applications in settings menu and scroll left until all apps. Now scroll all the way down and you should see that 'Downloads' is disabled. Tap on it and enable it. Should be fine now.

anuragsingh1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I had faced the same problem and found that my mistake I have disabled a google service called "google account manager"
After enbling it, play store is working fine. One can try......

onhadz

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes,,i got it via application manager;all,down to the bottom and it says disabled,then enable it,problem solve on s4,,goodluck!

JimChagares

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Quit working for me also yesterday. Found this solution that worked great:
First remove your Google account, go to Settings and scroll down to Accounts then select Google. At the top where it shows your e-mail address tap it then at the bottom of the page tap Remove account. Ignore all the dire warnings and follow it through until it's gone.
Now do the removal of the cache and data by going to Settings > Applications Manager >All and scroll down to Google Play Services. Tap this and Clear Cache, Clear Data and Force Stop.
Now go back one step and do the same for Google Play store, Clear Cache, Clear Data and Force Stop. Now do it for Google Services Framework too.
Go back to the main menu and select Add account then Existing account and sign in with your username (usually your e-mail address) and password and agree to all until the account is created.
Now reboot the phone and viola! There will be a prompt about accepting Google terms, location settings etc. just agree and suddenly all your apps will be back and updating good as new!

bebjan

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Quit working for me also yesterday. Found this solution that worked great:
First remove your Google account, go to Settings and scroll down to Accounts then select Google. At the top where it shows your e-mail address tap it then at the bottom of the page tap Remove account. Ignore all the dire warnings and follow it through until it's gone.
Now do the removal of the cache and data by going to Settings > Applications Manager >All and scroll down to Google Play Services. Tap this and Clear Cache, Clear Data and Force Stop.
Now go back one step and do the same for Google Play store, Clear Cache, Clear Data and Force Stop. Now do it for Google Services Framework too.
Go back to the main menu and select Add account then Existing account and sign in with your username (usually your e-mail address) and password and agree to all until the account is created.
Now reboot the phone and viola! There will be a prompt about accepting Google terms, location settings etc. just agree and suddenly all your apps will be back and updating good as new!

i followed what you said now i cant seem to sign in to my gmail account on nexus 4 what should i do now ?

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Tried all internet solutions and nothing worked UNTIL THIS ONE:

Settings>Application Manager

Tab over to all. Hit menu. Reset app preferences.