1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What is a good brand of 32 or 64gig sd card to get?

I was wondering what would be a good brand of 32 or 64gig micro sd card to get for the gs4?

Default Re: What is a good brand of 32 or 64gig sd card to get?

SanDisk Ultra

Sent From My Galaxy S4 Using Android Central App

I only buy SanDisk, Kingston or Lexar. I look for the cheapest.

I have a SanDisk Ultra 64GB.
    r2t

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Definitely SanDisk or Kingston. Make sure you look at the class of the SD card, also. Higher the class will have better performance in some areas like sending and receiving data quicker. For most parts, you are not going to notice it, though.

SanDisk micro sdxc Class 10 card 64GB.

Sent Via My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

I was going to buy Sandisk, but Adata was having a deal that I couldn't pass up. On a one day sale at Canada Computers, 32GB SDHC Class-10 UHS-I for $9.99. I've been impressed with it, and this is coming from a Kingston user for practically forever. Something interesting about this card too, it also has the ENTIRE 32GB available for storage, rather than merely 31 or 30, which I thought was a plus.

I bought a SanDisk 64Gb Ultra microSDXC UHS-1 chip.

Here's a test between the SanDisk and Samsung's microSDXC Pro UHS-1. Keep in mind the Samsung memory generally costs more.

64GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Class 10 Card

64GB Samsung microSDXC Pro UHS-1 Card

Now consider the speed difference between internal NAND memory and external SD memory. The Samsung SD card was used in this test.

Internal memory writes about THREE times faster and reads almost SIX times faster than external SD memory. NOTE from the article: For your information, Galaxy S4 does not support UHS-I standard. Therefore, my 64GB Samsung microSDXC Pro UHS-1 Card cant get 70 MB/s reading and 20 MB/s writing on Galaxy S4.

So Samsung and carriers ... where are the 32Gb and 64Gb models with the much faster memory??? Some news articles suggest there is still a world wide shortage of internal memory and thats why they are pushing the "little" 16Gb models.
    Thanked by 2:

Thank you for the SD cards info. Do you mean the Samsung micro card won't work on the GS4?!? Thats what I am understanding.. I am planning to buy the Galaxy S4 in Hong Kong use in Canada but friends say to wait for S5 to come out, etc. Do you know by chance if the GS4 is compatible working with MACbook?? I know it's Android and will work better with a PC but the Mac worked great with iPhone till now i want to throw that phone against the wall. Any one any anwers?? Thank you