Anyone scratched their S4 yet?

sleepypanda19

May 23, 2013
Visit site
My S4 already has a tiny noticeable hairline scratch at the back part next to the speakers after a week without a case. Yikes! Don't know how it got there though, im very gentle with my phones, even treating them like they were my baby :eek: i have OCD so this bothers me alot. Also noticed the bezels are easily scratched too. decided to buy a TPU case a few days ago as not to scratch the back part more. Any of you guys have scratches on your S4s?

r2t

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
My S4 already has a tiny noticeable hairline scratch at the back part next to the speakers after a week without a case. Yikes! Don't know how it got there though, im very gentle with my phones, even treating them like they were my baby :eek: i have OCD so this bothers me alot. Also noticed the bezels are easily scratched too. decided to buy a TPU case a few days ago as not to scratch the back part more. Any of you guys have scratches on your S4s?

I'm OCD about scratches too for about the first two months. I bough a cheap silicone case for my S4, which I hope it wouldn't scratch up the sides of the phone until I get over the "fear" of scratching my phone. I am considering the Otterbox, but I don't know if I really need it or not.

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Lol same here, bought a cheap silicone case. But I am so surprised I don't have any scratches on the screen yet, even minuscule ones.. Beauty phone

r2t

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Lol same here, bought a cheap silicone case. But I am so surprised I don't have any scratches on the screen yet, even minuscule ones.. Beauty phone

Good thing when I bought the phone, the store gave me a free screen protector (installed it for me to). I was happy with it. I didn't need the so called HD screen protector. I am fine with just a normal one just to prevent my screen from getting scratched.

Sent from my GT-I9500

vpwrf

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I have only had mine for less than 2 weeks and the screen is already scratched worse than my S3. The screen really isn't that scratch resistant at all

singjai

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why people blame the glass screen itself for being scratched. I think the glass is pretty scratch proof to a certain point. The reason it gets scratched so easily is because the oleophobic coating gets scratched, not the screen. I read somewhere that a car detailer had a scratch on his ipad. He buffed out the coating and voila, the scratches were gone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine is still pristine since I got it at launch time. I don't even baby it other than having a lower end case from RocketFish on it.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
About a month with mine, and yes i have hair thin scratches; but on my screen protector(which i can switch out.) :thumbup::D and my Otterbox Defender protects the rest. :thumbup::D

From my Sammy Galaxy S4 :D

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I use a case on S4...very minimal one, but this is the first phone I have not ran a screen protector on it. I must say, I can tell it is different material cause my S3 S2 3D and EVO all got very fine scratches in them just from my dirty paws working in garage.

This phone not a single one. Well worth not having the hassle of changing them as they get beat up.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Mine still looks brand new...I always make sure to get a case BEFORE I receive the phone to make sure nothing happens to it...my screen protector has scratches, but thank goodness its the screen protector and not the screen

red5ive1

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't use a case and have plenty of hairline scratches on the back. I have trouble understanding why people really care about minor scratches on the back since it's just a cheapo plastic back that can be easily replaced.

Now, scratches on the front are a different story....

jayarh1

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Had mine for about 2 months now and no scratches on the screen and back (replaced with a faux carbon fiber door found on eBay) I do have a scratch on the putter bezel next to the headphone jack from my aux cable at work :(

Posted via Android Central App

Marck527

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm very proud to say that I still haven't scratched my s4,mainly because it's on a Otterbox defender.

Sent from my GT-I9500

haseS

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Not a scratch on mine too..Everytime before using a new phone, I must have a screen protector and case on. I'm using the parfiti case with its gift screen protector, perfectly fine keeping my S4 at its brand new smooth appearance. Scratches on the case is better than scratches on the phone itself! Cases can be changed anytime!

Soxxfan13

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have had my S4 for around 3 months now. I have a really great case that protects my screen from any drops. But, my screen has a ton of scratches. A lot of them i can feel with my fingernail. So i have been doing some research on the gorilla glass 3. Every scratch test i find there is some guy going at there s4 with 4 different knifes, coins, keys and other misc. items. I am very confused on how my s4 has so many scratches, i mean if a knife will not scratch the screen what will??? Is there any Do-It-Yourself methods to get these scratches out?

Seth_Overbury

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I've had my S4 for about 6 weeks. I use a thin case to protect against everyday bumps, but no screen protector. So far (knock on wood) no scratches on the screen.

I think the screen protectors get messed up too easy and always look/feel terrible. A scratch on the screen protector probably wouldn't have even scratched the gorilla glass. So you have a scratched looking screen to 'protect' against scratches that probably wouldn't have happened anyways. I also think otter boxes and the such are ridiculous. I hate to ruin the sleekness of my phone. You might as well wrap it in bubble wrap.

Of course, if I ever scratch or crack my phone I will regret this...

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I had an Otterbox Defender but it seemed a little drab so I went with an Element Eclipse and ZAGG. No scratches as of yet and the phone/case doesn't look too bad to me. Win-win.

Sent from my Note 8.0 LTE

Attachments

• 1375733504468.jpg
    1375733504468.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 1375733519429.jpg
    1375733519429.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 1375733532124.jpg
    1375733532124.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 24