Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 12 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 276
Like Tree30Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Post Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    How long does your battery last for? how long do you spend on your phone?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    I'm far from what people would consider a "heavy user," but I charged my phone to 100% yesterday, took it off of the chargr at 6:00 AM ....used it through out the day doing surfing, watching a few short You Tube videos, making a few phone calls, and sending a bunch of texts..... streaming audio for maybe close to an hour! All this done with wifi radio active and GPS disabled.....I have my S4 set up for energy saver! But at 10:00 PM last night, I still had over 40% battery life left. I would consider that pretty damn good!
    msokad, Ryan_Clark and cynbad like this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    I use my phone all the time, texts, vibration on, Youtube, Whatsapp, Wifi as well, AND I play CPU intensive games like Sonic the Hedgehog, and my battery goes about 2.5 days. I charge it at about 15-20%, so I could probably get the extra half day if it went right to zero. I'm not used to this kind of battery, especially after coming off a Torch 9800 (Codename: BS, or "Battery Sucker").
  4. #4  
    zee
    zee is offline
    zee's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    Heavy usage, about 20% before bedtime.

    Skickat frn min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk 2
  5. #5  
    r2t
    r2t is offline
    r2t's Avatar

    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    I guess I would consider myself a heavy user. I take it off the charger about 7am and on average my phone would run out of juice around 9pm. In my opinion, that's pretty good considering that I would play some games and surf the internet most of the time. I also do a lot of texting too. I put my phone to work

    Sent from my GT-I9500
    bubbadog likes this.
  6. #6  
    zog1977's Avatar

    Posts
    544 Posts
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Perone View Post
    I use my phone all the time, texts, vibration on, Youtube, Whatsapp, Wifi as well, AND I play CPU intensive games like Sonic the Hedgehog, and my battery goes about 2.5 days. I charge it at about 15-20%, so I could probably get the extra half day if it went right to zero. I'm not used to this kind of battery, especially after coming off a Torch 9800 (Codename: BS, or "Battery Sucker").
    I hope I can get close to this good of battery life.
    LilHeinzo likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    I'm definitely not a power user to the extent of some folks here. Mine has been on the battery for about 30 hours and is just below 50%. That includes texting, phone calls, some internet use, some light google maps use. I'm coming from a Charge which I had to charge in the middle of the day with similar use. I'm loving this.
  8. #8  
    DJBeanPole's Avatar

    Posts
    871 Posts
    Global Posts
    978 Global Posts
    ROM
    LiquidICSv1.5 MR3V1 JMOD

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    Took off the charger at 5AM. It's just now 4PM and its down to 50%. Fairly moderate use. It's doing something wonky with my wifi at work (when I take out my phone to look at something... even though I see that wifi is connected, it keeps telling me it has connected to my workplace's wifi about 5-10 seconds after I awaken the phone) so I'm assuming battery would be better (when I was off yesterday it was only around 40% after 18hrs).

    Amazing battery compared to my Thunderbolt.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    Gave up my razr maxx hd for an s4 purely for the camera. During my first few days wirh my s4 I was getting around 4 hours screen time on a charge. But after a few tweeks I am up to around 8. Turn off the samsumg gesture crap after the novelty wears off then install snapdragon guru and you will double your battery life easy. My s4 is close to my razr now and at the end of a hard usage day I have 40% left.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Gave up my razr maxx hd for an s4 purely for the camera. During my first few days wirh my s4 I was getting around 4 hours screen time on a charge. But after a few tweeks I am up to around 8. Turn off the samsumg gesture crap after the novelty wears off then install snapdragon guru and you will double your battery life easy. My s4 is close to my razr now and at the end of a hard usage day I have 40% left.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Post Screenshots of your 8 hours of screen on time or it didn't happen.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  11. #11  
    Jennifer Stough's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    Battery time is subjective and will vary user to user. Please keep the conversations civil. Thank you.

    Jennifer

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  
    Leilan's Avatar

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    Off the charger around 6AM, used pretty frequently throughout the day & it's good til about 8PM. Does simply having the air gestures on drain the battery, or is it only when they're in use?
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    Hi, how do you get such good battery life?
    Do you have a screen shot?
    I just got the galaxy s4 a week ago, and I feel like the most I can get is 2.5 Screen ON time with about 9ish hours until my battery reaches 2%. I have all the same things disabled.
    What do you think?
    Thanks!
  14. #14  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    6,835 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    What is snapdragon guru?
  15. #15  
    Jennifer Stough's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    What is snapdragon guru?
    Snapdragon battery guru, its an app in the play store.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    What is snapdragon guru?
    It's a power saving app with features that QUALCOMM designed specifically the snapdragon CPU. It's found in the play store for free. I used it on my S3 and it made no difference but haven't tried it on the S4....
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    Quote Originally Posted by ksung4 View Post
    Hi, how do you get such good battery life?
    Do you have a screen shot?
    I just got the galaxy s4 a week ago, and I feel like the most I can get is 2.5 Screen ON time with about 9ish hours until my battery reaches 2%. I have all the same things disabled.
    What do you think?
    Thanks!
    I get a little better than that. With ALL features turned off and barely used, I would get 12-15 hours tops. My daughter who has it now only uses it for texting and you tube and she's getting about the same.
    Thanked by:
    ksung4 
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    Snapdragon battery guru, its an app in the play store.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Is it any good?
  19. #19  
    Jennifer Stough's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Perone View Post
    Is it any good?
    It learns the pattern of your WiFi and data useage and turns them off accordingly to try to spare battery.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    It learns the pattern of your WiFi and data useage and turns them off accordingly to try to spare battery.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    So basically, it does all the things I do already, except it takes up some space on my internal memory :P
    Thanked by:
    supersanborn and Bodrul like this.
  21. #21  
    Jennifer Stough's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Perone View Post
    So basically, it does all the things I do already, except it takes up some space on my internal memory :P
    Pretty much, and it take a week to "learn."

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    supersanborn, met.watts and L N like this.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    Ok so perhaps I'm going to sound totally foolish on here. But I've been an avid iPhone user for the past two years and recent decided to switch to something more...advanced. Enter the S4. I consider myself a fairly heavy user, constantly checking twitter and FB, pic taking and editing, and music, glorious music! And I've noticed that my battery even though its brand new (I've only had this thing three days) is pretty much draining in front of my eyes. I'm not used to having to constantly shut off apps and stuff. Is there anything I can do to keep this thing from becoming a battery draining monster while still maintaining some semblance of my version of "normal" usage?
  23. #23  
    Jennifer Stough's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    Quote Originally Posted by pwnicus View Post
    Ok so perhaps I'm going to sound totally foolish on here. But I've been an avid iPhone user for the past two years and recent decided to switch to something more...advanced. Enter the S4. I consider myself a fairly heavy user, constantly checking twitter and FB, pic taking and editing, and music, glorious music! And I've noticed that my battery even though its brand new (I've only had this thing three days) is pretty much draining in front of my eyes. I'm not used to having to constantly shut off apps and stuff. Is there anything I can do to keep this thing from becoming a battery draining monster while still maintaining some semblance of my version of "normal" usage?
    Well first, if you are shutting off apps manually, there may be a problem. Android is advanced enough to run ram useage and shut down apps when more ram is needed. Manually shutting down services can drain battery as they may reopen again when needed. If you are talking about third party apps, use the back arrow to back out of apps. This will close them and keep them from running in the background. The s4 has a large screen so it will consume quite a bit of battery. Turning down your brightness can help with this. Also turn off GPS and Bluetooth when not in use so that your radios aren't constantly reaching out for a network. Also, consider your signal. If you have iffy 4g, your device will constantly be reaching for that signal, or switching radios when not in range.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    My battery was not that great when I first got the phone but after a week and a half it got sooo much better. I would have about 40% left after a full day (14 hrs-ish) with normal to slightly heavy use. I just got LTE where I live and it really hasn't made a noticeable effect on battery life. I love it!

    Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums
    PrincessCar likes this.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Life

    Screen on time or bust.

    On a good day, I can get 5 out of it. Usually 4.5 hours is standard. That's pretty good in my book.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 12 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy s4 battery life
    By imattacus in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 06-04-2014, 04:46 AM
  2. Mugen Power 2750mAh Extended Battery for Samsung Galaxy S4
    By jaxterzz in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-19-2013, 09:18 PM
  3. How can i make my samsung galaxy S3 battery life last longer?
    By JohnAce2 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 08-12-2013, 12:18 AM
  4. Samsung Galaxy S4 Genuine Battery - dock home charger
    By speed13 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-27-2013, 07:56 AM
  5. Samsung Galaxy S Battery Life Help
    By Plinkfoyd in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-17-2013, 08:05 PM

Posting Permissions