- 06-01-2013, 08:59 PM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: Delete Samsung bookmarks on S4?
I am exhilarated to finally have figured this out. Kill those bloatware bookmarks!
To note, I did this successfully on my SCH-I545.
Here was my process:
1. Root your phone. If you've never rooted a phone before, you basically have to download the Android Developer SDK, then follow this guide: How to Root Galaxy S4!GalaxyS4Root.com | GalaxyS4Root.com
2. Use this program to install sqlite3: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...3forroot&hl=en
3. Install "Terminal Emulator": https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roidterm&hl=en
4. Open "Terminal Emulator" and use the following commands:Code:
delete from bookmarks;
If you have any problems with this ask away! I am strongly against companies putting unremovable bloatware on the devices we BUY and OWN.
I should note this is for getting rid of the bloatware bookmarks on the stock "Internet 1.0" browser. For Chrome all you have to do is disable a service called "com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks" in the application settings. This doesn't require rooting your phone. Refer to: [Q] Deleting Samsung Bookmarks from Chrome ? - xda-developers
- By CinSays in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 07-27-2016, 09:42 PM
- By EricRogers in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 08-18-2014, 11:32 PM
- By CarolClark in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 7Last Post: 12-07-2013, 04:35 PM
- By FAITH70x7 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 02-13-2013, 06:51 AM
- By Starfinder in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 3Last Post: 09-22-2011, 02:04 AM