MIME Tempered Glass Screen Protector

jayrassicpark

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Just bought this! :)
I've been wanting the spigen glas one for a while now, but kept holding off because of the price.
MIME had a Memorial Day sale, so I only paid $27 for this glass protector along with two aluminum home buttons. I'll post how it is once I get it in.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I had my mime on for over 3 months now and it was still perfect. Today I dropped my phone on concrete and the screen was shattered. I was devastated. Then i remembered that I had the mime on and slowly peeled it off and to my surprise the screen was perfectly intact. The mime absorbed all the force. I just emailed them telling them this story and hoping they will send me a Replacement. So glad I had this protector on.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369861980501.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369861980501.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 45

jayrassicpark

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Just got this screen protector in. The packaging was really nice with the MIME logo on each piece, felt really premium. They also gave a plastic screen protector in case I broke the glass one. Putting it on was easy enough, and thank god no air bubbles. The glass feels really good touching, just like I was touching the screen itself. It also doesn't cover any of the camera or sensors at the top. It doesn't cover the whole screen, it leaves a little gap around the whole border which is helpful for cases. The .32mm thickness is just right for my rooCase TPU case, any thicker and it could dip over the case. The glass protector does make the home button dip a bit, but i got one of their aluminum buttons for only $1 and it feels just like the normal button.

So a couple complaints with the MIME glass screen protector: I am noticing a slight loss in sensitivity. I usually just touch around the Menu and Back button to press it, but with this glass, i now have to directly touch them to work. The air view feature seems to still work fine though.
Also, the oleophobic coating is supposed to decrease fingerprints right? If anything, I'm noticing the fingerprints more so.

So yeah, I had wanted the spigen one for $35, but held off because I was stingy. But for $25, but this one is really good for the price. The company also threw in a handwritten thank you letter and an airhead candy, haha that was a nice touch. :p

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have used memi for over 3 months and have never experienced any loss in screen sensitivity. I forgot it was even there. Like I said in a previous,, when I dropped on concrete last week and the screen appeared to be shattered I was beside myself,, until I remembered I had the tempered glass protector on. I was so happy when I peeled it off and the screen was intact.. They normally replace at 40 percent discount but because they did not get back to me in a timely manner they gave me 75 percent off. For 7 dollars my replacement will be here Monday. They have a customer for life.

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15