Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chloeshotmom
  • 1 Post By ITS ME DAVID
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 Instagram Problems! HELP!

I've had the S4 for two weeks now and overall i'm very happy with it, except that the Instagram on the S4 sucks! The S4's camera is amazing.... only problem is when I upload pics to Instagram from my gallery, pictures uploaded will look pixelated, grainy and the quality is just horrible I end up deleting them. I came from the iPhone 5 and i've never experienced this issue till now. its kinda upsetting since i LOVE instagram.

Default Re: Galaxy S4 Instagram Problems! HELP!

I have the same issue. Images look over-sharpened.

Unfortunately, this seems to be a war against Android... (OK, maybe not, but it seems like it). YES, it affects the S4 (it helps if you disable the 'advanced image processing' option, it blurs out the image a little bit). YES, processed images saved to your phone look great, but uploaded version ends up jagged and pixelated (especially visible when diagonal lines, circles, and text are involved). The thing is this is affecting a lot of Android users, not only S4 ones... Many of my friends have HTC whatevers and their pictures are also crap as of lately (even when they used to have great shots). They also couldn't fix the enhanced mode (the little 'sun' icon) so they removed it completely.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Unfortunately, this seems to be a war against Android... (OK, maybe not, but it seems like it). YES, it affects the S4 (it helps if you disable the 'advanced image processing' option, it blurs out the image a little bit). YES, processed images saved to your phone look great, but uploaded version ends up jagged and pixelated (especially visible when diagonal lines, circles, and text are involved). The thing is this is affecting a lot of Android users, not only S4 ones... Many of my friends have HTC whatevers and their pictures are also crap as of lately (even when they used to have great shots). They also couldn't fix the enhanced mode (the little 'sun' icon) so they removed it completely.

Aw that sucks. Yeah i've noticed. No wonder why most android instagram users have horrible quality images >.<

I have the same problem. I love posting to ig but since i have this s4 i cannot post beautiful pictures anymore.
    Another thing is why does the portrait picture becomes landscape when posting to ig and google+ ??? Its sooooo annoying!!!!

Yup same here I have to send pictures to my Gf iPhone 5 then upload to instagram from there.

mine is ok now! just go to options and uncheck the use high quality image processing. i have beautiful pictures again...

Quote Originally Posted by chloeshotmom View Post
    mine is ok now! just go to options and uncheck the use high quality image processing. i have beautiful pictures again...
    No you don't trust look on a iPhone then look on your gs4 way better on iPhone.

i dont want to argue but i guess its because of the screen size too. S4 is bigger than iphone thats why it looks different. Just my pov.

Quote Originally Posted by chloeshotmom View Post
    i dont want to argue but i guess its because of the screen size too. S4 is bigger than iphone thats why it looks different. Just my pov.
    I'm sure this is somewhat the problem but why is it taking instagram so long for a update.