Pressing Back button when screen is locked?

ninjasenses

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I am using the swipe method to unlock my phone when the screen is locked. When I press the back button when it is locked part of the screen goes black and an empty box appears. Does that have any other purpose besides showing where you have to swipe to unlock?

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Does that have any other purpose besides showing where you have to swipe to unlock?

nope :)
it's just for that

also, when you are listening to music and there is the music widget on the lock screen, if you try to open the music app when locked by clicking on it, it will show you the same empty box to tell you that you need to unlock the phone... this also happens with several other apps, like in my case, when i receive SMS's or have missed calls, if i just click on the notification it will give me that black screen

RaulSpinoza

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to get rid of this box?

When I first bought my Galaxy S4 this box was not appearing but since yesterday is keep showing even when I try to open my customized favorite apps in the lock screen or when I tap on any widget.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Its a customizing feature. For example you can swipe right to left to open the camera. It is set up in the lock screen settings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

RaulSpinoza

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
But I am talking about the empty box that was the main topic of this thread.
Apparently this box it is shown when you press the back button in the lock screen, however for me it is shown when I try to open a widget or app from the lock screen. And I want to get rid of it. Is there any was to do it?

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
To open a widget or app you have to swipe there. So it'll ask you, once you tap on the app, to swipe.

Otherwise your phone would be accidentally getting into apps and stuff while in your pocket. It acts as a swipe to unlock.

RaulSpinoza

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok if you say so... But I am quite confused because I was looking a video where they are showing DashClock and when they access the extensions they don't need to swipe into this box. And I also remember accessing my fav apps without swiping in this box... Anyway it seems to be normal to have this box then. Thanks for the reply!

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok if you say so... But I am quite confused because I was looking a video where they are showing DashClock and when they access the extensions they don't need to swipe into this box. And I also remember accessing my fav apps without swiping in this box... Anyway it seems to be normal to have this box then. Thanks for the reply!
Hmm, well I can swipe my favorite apps and it does take me to the app. Just swipe up from the app icon.

But I can't click on widgets to get to the widget.