Galaxy s4 lag issue?

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know If samsung is going to address the lag issues that a lot of people are having with the s4? Is anyone else experiencing any lag or stutters?

willthetech

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone 5 this one my number one issue, but i noticed that doing a restart after a couple of days of use makes the phone better to deal with. But yes it will be great of there is a fix for it if there is really a fix...

anon(5421739)

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I was experiencing a bit of lag when I first got the phone but AT&T released an update that made it much better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if a moderator would step in here and mention that this issue has been discussed here in several threads already. Perhaps a search of the forum would be more appropriate than starting another LAG thread. But then again, I'm not a moderator, I just play one at home.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
There's no reason a phone with this hardware should be as laggy as it is. The first update greatly reduced it. No reason to see that it won't eventually sorted out

Posted via Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone 5 this one my number one issue, but i noticed that doing a restart after a couple of days of use makes the phone better to deal with. But yes it will be great of there is a fix for it if there is really a fix...

I have always done a fresh reboot every morning when turning my phone on. I wonder if that is why I have such trouble free devices. How long to people go without a reboot?

The S4 may have lag and maybe I do not know what it looks like but my S4 performs as well or better than my Note 2, Nexus 4 and iphone 5. It is just a superb device. Trust me, I do not need another device to switch my SIM in because it gets old. My S4 is a superb device and a keeper. This has been my daily driver since I received it on May 13th. If when having it for a few days it is not everything you want or desire, take it directly back to the store and collect you hard earned $$$ back! These devices cost too much to "hope" for an update to fix something you do not like.

I took pictures and videos of my kids in the pool yesterday and the pics and video are flat out superb! Even my brother in law with a Canon 7D had to give the pics props!

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if a moderator would step in here and mention that this issue has been discussed here in several threads already. Perhaps a search of the forum would be more appropriate than starting another LAG thread. But then again, I'm not a moderator, I just play one at home.

;) although I noticed your thread had them swarming! Was waiting on Cowboy to get in on to too! It was hard but stayed out that that one...

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Why such negativity ??? Isn't this what keeps us entertain ??? reading all these post ??? and trying to help people that have the need to be informed ???...

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

;) although I noticed your thread had them swarming! Was waiting on Cowboy to get in on to too! It was hard but stayed out that that one...

We're not real big on closing threads unless they are being taken off-topic. Oh wait, that's what you two did.

Instead of saying "a search of the forum would be more appropriate" you could go the extra mile and link to the appropriate thread here. I'm sure one of you know exactly which thread it is, you're both regulars.

Oh, publicly questioning Moderator actions (and really, you guys pay that much attention to where we post) is frowned upon.

But to address the one solid point that you made, yes, this topic has been discussed in a few threads already.

Valkaneer

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Aaron Baker at phonedog said he would not be using the S4 due to the lag. He said today that he will be going with the HTC One. While the S4 was amazing he said he just could not stand lag from a phone this high end and expensive, along with the 9.8 gigs out of 16.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
We're not real big on closing threads unless they are being taken off-topic. Oh wait, that's what you two did.

Instead of saying "a search of the forum would be more appropriate" you could go the extra mile and link to the appropriate thread here. I'm sure one of you know exactly which thread it is, you're both regulars.

Oh, publicly questioning Moderator actions (and really, you guys pay that much attention to where we post) is frowned upon.

But to address the one solid point that you made, yes, this topic has been discussed in a few threads already.

Yep a regular that is trying to be helpful.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Yep a regular that is trying to be helpful.

Posting facetious statements regarding ones own personal run ins with the mods is not being helpful. It's being facetious.

But atleast you actually posted something relevent to the topic prior to your involvement in the facetious conversation.

"Worth is not measured in worldly things, but instead in the compassion you have given unto others." via my droid DNA.

dimsdale

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I just don't see the lag. Been running the Vzw copy since it shipped. I don't notice anything odd. I once saw a folder stuttering on opening in the launcher, but that's about it.
Coming from a SGN running CM 10.1.

Posted via Android Central App

mp3junkie

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

There is no need to be negative. So what if a new thread has started? The OP did nothing wrong here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress