S4 Contacts (Kies?) Question

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I had a Galaxy S2 and when I installed an update I backed up and restored through Kies. When I did so a number of contacts were duplicated and a bunch of garbage was imported. It was a huge PITA. Are the contacts handled any better on the S4?

Funny thing is when I imported my contacts to the HTC One it handled them perfectly - no duplicats, no garbage, etc. I really like the phone but it has some issues, e.g. location services, Waze no longer working, etc. I am thinking about swapping to the S4 but the handling of the contacts on the S2 was not very good.

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like the issue was displaying several contact lists. Thats handled in settings. Contacts in google should transfer seemlessly.

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
well, the issue here is google AND samsung....

your google account will sync all your contacts on your "new" device, AND samsung will do the same, so you will end up with each contact twice....
that depends on the settings you have on your handset....

back contacts up with google OR samsung,

AMG_Roadster

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Okay I am willing to accept that it was user error. Maybe I was just expecting too much from Keis. I thought it would take a snapshot of the phone and when it wiped everything for the update it would have restored it back to the condition before the wipe.

I still need to go spend some additional time with the S4. I am hoping they have addressed some of the other complaints I had with the S2.

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Man, Kies is the most terrible program I've ever used. Can't edit ANY information on ANYTHING with it. Great interface, terrible functionality.